Boltstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boltstone

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181109_133601.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.6 KB ID:	331563 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181109_133556.jpg Views:	1 Size:	48.3 KB ID:	331564 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181109_133549.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.8 KB ID:	331565 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181109_133533.jpg Views:	1 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	331567 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181109_133542.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.8 KB ID:	331566 ​ Qualifies for metal I think...how long did this take to happen I wonder? Found it down the river where I hunt in SW Connecticut...rock/bolt fusion
    Last edited by redrocks; 11-11-2018, 09:42 AM.
    SW Connecticut

no picture red
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

That bolt is so old its fossilized.

Comment

Haha yeah I hadda bring it home .. could been off the mayflower coming up the river
        SW Connecticut

Comment

That sure is interesting. Mayflower? No. Weird? Yes.
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

There is a lot of junk in that river. Years ago just off shore from there on the end of the island was a beached Barge. Another thing is BF Godrich who sold out to Sponge Rubber Products had a factory up stream. The guy who owned Vally STep used to by sand from Beard sand and gravel for his mix when making concrete steps. In a couple of loads of sand from the dredger was thousands or various sized Latex balls. BF at one time was tossing their reclaim down the bank into the river. Unbelievable the junk that has gone into that river from places on both sides of the river in that valley.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Yeah Matt ..I remember when u.s. rubber who made Keds sneakers turned the naugatuck river black. ...and since both rivers meet in Shelton at the confluence ....bam...but there is salmon and trout in that rivet now...thank God
              SW Connecticut

Comment

Amazing what we use to do really .
                now that looks like the heating element in my new water heater after we had a big lightening storm . Pulled it out and it was fried and split down the middle 1/2 way . Turning that off when we leave .

Comment

Haha wow that's a good one Tam...made me laugh
                  SW Connecticut

Comment

That is cool Red. Wipe the dinosaur dust off and hand it in to the Smithsonian.
                    Bruce
                    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• redrocks
                      redrocks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Your funny Bruce made me laugh...hope ur trips goin well man

• 2ndoldman
                      2ndoldman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am finally on the east coast Red. I was slated to pick up my trailer last Thursday. Now tomorrow is the day. HOPEFULLY that is, otherwise I am stuck in a motel until it arrives.

East coast in the U.S. or Canada ?
                    SW Connecticut

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                      2ndoldman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry for not responding earlier my friend. I am in Nova Scotia for the winter.

• redrocks
                      redrocks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's cool thanks for responding now
                  Working...
                  X