Procrastination sucks 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procrastination sucks 1

I must apologize to one and all here for not continuing my posting this summer.
    A rather unpleasant episode happened to me on another forum that soured my desire to share anything anywhere.
    I have so many finds to catch you folks up on that it will take time to do so.
    I will start out by making posts with a max of 16 pictures so please sit back and try to enjoy.
    The finds in the next for pictures were made while I was it Toronto back in early June.

There was nothing truly amazing with this hunt other than it was my first ever farm field hunt.
    It also proved that I AM STILL STONE BLIND as two of my hunting partners found native artifacts and I found none.

Some odds and ends. Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	183.0 KB ID:	337030

A few buttons.
    The button with the cross may be Jesuit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	178.3 KB ID:	337031

This bridal rosette turned out very nice after cleaning it with vinegar.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	136.5 KB ID:	337033

Only two coins were found.
    The 1909 wheatie is a VDB.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	2 Size:	340.5 KB ID:	337034

This was my first hunt in the Gorge after returning to Victoria.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	358.6 KB ID:	337035

I have no idea how it happened but the morning after this hunt I woke up and as soon as my foot hit the floor something went wrong.
    The Achilles tendon in my left leg was torn.

I took a while before my next hunt but the wait was worth it as this was found almost immediately.
    This one is the rarer two pence (tuppence to the British) it is a full two ounces of copper.
    https://www.allcoinvalues.com/united...eorge-iii.html

Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	120.1 KB ID:	337036
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	140.4 KB ID:	337037

Not every hunt is full of treasure, however they are all full of promise.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8.jpg Views:	1 Size:	242.6 KB ID:	337038

Last edited by 2ndoldman; 12-09-2018, 10:44 PM.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	284.1 KB
ID:	337041

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	337042

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	385.8 KB
ID:	337043
    This day was going great when the skeleton key and the military button appeared.

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	337044

This silver spill turned it into an amazing day.

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	337045

Four seated half dollars. Four seated quarters. And three Queen Victoria shillings.

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	337046

The youngest date I can find is 1860.

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	410.9 KB
ID:	337047

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	337048
    Bruce

Comment

Always love to see your finds Bruce, sorry about someone upsetting you in your post, everyone is not as nice as you are. Hope your tendon gets better soon and where is the beast now in its travels?
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        I have finally made it to the east coast Johnny. At the moment I am sitting in a motel hoping that my trailer is ready for pickup tomorrow.

Just saw the second part of your post and you have some more awesome stuff but I like the coins the best.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        I have more coming Johnny.

Hey Bruce, A whole load of great finds there. The tuppense is my favorite and that silver dump is awesome. Hey Buddy where is that S on the VDB.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Scorpion68
        Scorpion68 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yuk Yuk - I was just gonna ask the same thing Ron. What - No 1909s VDB.

Bruce - You more than made up for the hiatus. Always enjoy your posts and you have some of the most interesting items to display. Thanks so much.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Chuck. Recently I have felt like I was letting all of you down here.

Originally posted by Ron Kelley View Post
      Hey Bruce, A whole load of great finds there. The tuppense is my favorite and that silver dump is awesome. Hey Buddy where is that S on the VDB.
      I said the exact same thing as both of you guys.
      99% of the old US coins I find in Victoria are S mint coins.
      This farm hunt was in Ontario though.
      If only it had been an S mint coin.
      Sorry, this was another 1909 that I picked up in Victoria. You will see the group shot in the next few posts.Click image for larger version  Name:	20180929_193555.jpg Views:	1 Size:	128.4 KB ID:	337080 Click image for larger version  Name:	20180929_193610.jpg Views:	1 Size:	112.0 KB ID:	337081
      Last edited by 2ndoldman; 12-10-2018, 06:58 AM.
      Bruce

Comment

Wow Bruce superbly impeccable man
        SW Connecticut

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you red.

I love looking as your finds Bruce awesome
        Last edited by redrocks; 12-10-2018, 09:24 AM.
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Awesome finds Bruce you have been missed big time! Sorry about your bad experience on another forum.
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Frank, that experience is now past tense and their forum is severely lacking due to my absence. 😉

Great finds, that two pence is one big hunk of copper, what numbers came up on your detector for that? lol.
          What really got my attention was the seated coin spill ...amazing find and would like to hear more details about this discovery.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish that I could tell you what the numbers were, unfortunately I am not a numbers hunter. I hunt primarily by tone. I can tell you that I thought that the tuppence was a beer can though. 🤣
            The silver spill was a mixed up fuzzy tone because of the silver oxide crust on all 11 coins. I was following along the shoreline of the Gorge at low tide when I got the signal. It took about 6 scoops to get all of the coins out since the spill covered a 2 square foot area.
            I will add that I returned twice just to make sure that there was not a gold coin hiding somewhere close by.

• 11KBP
            11KBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Great find ...thanks for adding the details.

Great finds glad to see you posting again, your posts always give me the M.D. bug. Unfortunately now that I finally get some time to do it winter came early and we're snow covered and frozen!

Comment

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            I really feel your pain my friend. I have moved to the east coast, Nova Scotia to be more precise, and it is frozen solid here too.

• rock ON.
            rock ON. commented
            Editing a comment
            I would love to live in Nova Scotia. Once it thaws you might be able to find some of the oldest coins or metal artifacts in Canada.

Bruce, you are much loved here so keep on posting your finds, which btw are far more interesting than mine recently. 🤷‍♀️
          Where are you on the East Coast???
          Child of the tides

Comment

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            I am staying on my brother's property in a little hamlet called Lower Rose Bay, Nova Scotia

• Jethro355
            Jethro355 commented
            Editing a comment
            So you can sneak over to Oak Island and help those guys out??

Post pics!
          Child of the tides

Comment

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            Will do Deb, as soon as I can arrange for some sort of internet out here.

Simply awesome Bruce. Thank you for catching us up with your finds. I simply can't grasp all the goodies you found in that park....I hope it has a couple things left....lol
          Your future finds will also be amazing....rest that heel and your knees.....congrats on prize from Toronto...👍

Mike

Comment

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Mike. I know that you will find something cool that I missed. 😉
        Working...
        X