Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like a logical choice to me, Bruce.

• 2ndoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Well SUGAR I apologize, πŸ˜” I try to keep my replies personal however I seem to screw up with a lot of the names.

• Sugaree
    commented on 's reply
    I'm sorry if I've been Frank lately? I'll work on it and maybe one day you will call me sugar again😊! Just messing with you so glad you are posting again you have been missed!

• 2ndoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Tim, the tendon is not as much of an issue now as my knees are. ☹☹☹
    Getting old sucks.

• 2ndoldman
    commented on 's reply
    My thoughts as well Charlie. It is always fun to speculate, however without conclusive nonrefutable ironclad evidence it all goes for naught.

• 2ndoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Hahaha, I love your response. πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

• 2ndoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Red.

• 2ndoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly. Weird, crazy old, funky and fun finds are what I thrive on. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• 2ndoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Frank, that half dime had eluded my coil for close to 6 years.

• 2ndoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Ethan.

• 2ndoldman
    commented on 's reply
    🀣🀣🀣 Some of the stuff I find is crazy. πŸ€ͺ

• 2ndoldman
    commented on 's reply
    That was an interesting read Charlie. The area where this was found has seen no ground alterations since the park was formed in approximately 1874. It could have been dropped by an early European settler, they started arriving on Vancouver Island in the late 1840s. However
    I leaning more towards it having been dropped by a Spanish sailor sometime in the 1600s.
    My reasoning is that whoever brought it to the island had to have been in the Mediterranean at some point and likely picked it up there.

• fldwlkr
    replied
    Trophies, injuries, and Byzantine coinage... thanks for sharing the adventure. You are on the "A" list of detectorists and finders of ancient artifacts. As a member of the bush league, I am always amazed at the quality and quantity of your finds.
    Hope the tendon is mending well,
    fldwlkr

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    Years ago, underwater archaeologist/treasure hunter Robert Marx thought he had discovered a Roman era galley off Brazil. Several amphora(ancient vessels for wine, etc) were brought up. They were identified as Carthaginian amphora, dated to 3rd Century AD. The response of the Brazilian government was to ban Marx from any more work at the site and to dump thousands of pounds of boulders on the wreck so nobody else could study it either. The Portuguese discovered Brazil, period. On a less conspiracy-minded note, it only takes being blown off course to accidently bump into Brazil. It's not that much of a stretch to speculate accidental discoveries, never recorded, might have taken place that way.

Coins could have easily been dropped by modern collectors. Farley's story of the ancient coins was called "The Coincidence of the Coins" because the exact same coin, with horse head on the reverse, was found in several different locations around the US. Which is weird, or a strange coincidence. Nobody is rewriting history based on such things. It's just that there are anomalous things that are noted and forgotten. We don't know everything there must be to know about the past, and there is no real need to feel threatened by anomalies. Just my two pesos, or two Roman denarii, lol...

Leave a comment:

• BabaORiley
    replied
    So the Roman Empire did in fact discover North America ?!?!? Great...now I'm thoroughly confused

Leave a comment:

Working...
X