Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure but it's hammered silver

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d take them both to a jewelry store they have a tester that can tell you if they are real won’t charge you a thing and they might even make you an offer

Good idea. Maybe I will
    SW Connecticut

Comment

It’s getting interesting. Tom could be on the right track, but some of the writing in that Wikipedia article didn’t look the same. I read through pretty fast though.
      Could just be someone with 9 kids with nine different birthstones. What are the odds of that? Having 9 kids all born in different months. I hated statistics in school
      South Dakota

Comment

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Just had an idea...gonna show it to one of the guys at a local store... They hail from India? W ho knows

Jewelry store would know where it’s from take it to a independent retailer
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Just came out of a local store....people are from India. Thought I'd ask. Looked at me like. What the??? I will try a jewelry store. When I can .. meanwhile I just got to the river. It's 22 degree's. With wind chill but sunny. I'm gonna give it a shot. Tide is goin down

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope you found something good. With all the rain the roads are flooding but at least it isn’t snowing they are saying 6-10 inches of rain this week. Will be a couple of weeks before I can get out for a look

No update on this one yet Red?
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Not yet Glenn possibly tommoro.. there'd s little jewelry store down town....I'll try

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I showed it at work and they think Jewish but will be interesting to know. All said probably valuable with the stones if they are real

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes Glen there's an update..read. Below

Update-. A friend of a friend said Hebrew writing on it. And In. Ezekiel. 28:13. There's a mention of 9 precious stones......
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Any value yet? I would of already taken it and probably to the bank afterwards

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Not yet I keep getting wrapped up in daily many many things.... tommoro? Now that u reminded me .. Thanx

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Might be worth a lot maybe a Hawaiian trip worth 🤩

Click image for larger version  Name:	Navratan Sri Yantra.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	355057
      Does this look familiar? It is a Navaratna Sri Yantra pendant. https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail...677789073.html

I didn't find any prices for artisanal ones like this but mass produced pendants are available online for $2.99 on up. Real silver and semiprecious stones would naturally be worth a lot more.

The writing on your find is probably Sanskrit since Navaratna (9 gems) and Sri Yantra (the inter-meshing triangles) are Hindu/Buddhist symbols.

Google the terms if you want to learn more about them. Of course, to really understand them you will need a lifetime of meditation until you reach enlightenment.
      Last edited by Darby Dave; 03-06-2019, 10:20 PM.
      Union County, Ohio

Comment

Hey DD you nailed it.wow you came outta nowhere.. welcome to theAH.com forums from Connecticut. I was walking the river looking for stone artifacts and this piece was as the waters edge.ive been wondering about it....you would've thought the guys from India at the local store would've had some idea if the writing is Sanskrit Hindu/Buddhist like you say. Well I probably am not looking to approach "Zen". But I will try and research if it is silver and genuine Stones.. that'd be cool....once I find out I'll post it. Appreciate the info... Red
        SW Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I guess it depends on the stone now maybe there is a real diamond on it
      Working...
      X