Treasure Chest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasure Chest?

I just don't think I will ever find a treasure chest full of goodies. So I am building one slowly. Metal detecting is my favorit passtime now that artifact hunting is almost impossible out here. It is a fun hobby and gets me out in the fresh air sometimes all day. And I have found a artifact now and then while hunting. Well I will try to show off a little here. First are the rings found. Over 100 but the wife has several that she wears so they are not all here. Best is a gold ring with dimond and two rubys. Rock shop guy said around $800. Rest are mostly silver or just junk rings. Still fun to have them. Second is tokens game, beer hall, just all tokens. Next a few other things and last is a quick shot of my treasure chest. What fun to be able to have this new forum thanks very much.

Those are some awesome finds!  I've gotta get me a detector and go out exploring!!!  Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thank you. It is fun to share something that is so much fun. Guess I just like to dig up stuff. The idea of you never know what will be the next thing keeps me looking.

Comment

How many hours do have in that pile of metal? I bet you walk a lot of miles.

Comment

+
          Hay Graywolf. Im retired and have all the time in the world. But really a lot of hours. Thousands I am sure but remember those are fun hours. I could pile the stuff much higher but thought better. I have found over $1000 in silver coins and over $2000 in clad coins. Along with a lot of artifacts to big to keep so I sold them on ebay. I got 40 years of this so we can pile the junk real high.

Comment

Wow! Nice pile Wildhorse. I'm excited about my new found hobby. Just gotta buy a detector first. :woohoo:

Comment

OK David; Just do some research find out about the different models and figure out what you want to hunt. For years I hunted with a old machine and it was used when I got it. When I retired I got a nice middle of the line Whites XLT. It is way more machine than I ever use but I love the way it works so don't mind if I spent extra to get it. Another thing I found that while I was still working is finding the time it takes to go out and hunt. Concider what time you will have before you invest too much. Yes they will pay you back but it does take time out hunting. There are several good well made machines out there. It's a great hobby.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Wildhorse. Can't wait to start.

Comment

Working...
                X