1,000 Dollar Find!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1,000 Dollar Find!

First and foremost, I am no expert with the metal detector. However, I was witness to an amazing find the other day. Five of us were searching for arrowheads in a favorite field (we had unearthed 5 points in under an hour) when the farmer drove frantically towards us in his truck.
    He asked us to assist him in finding a lost tractor part for his John Deere. My father, using the farmer’s metal detector, found it for the man. “Just saved me $1000!” was the farmer’s reply.
    Guess we have permission to hunt for life...
    Flint
    northwestern Pennsylvania

Good story !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel I must share a story of mine with you... One day on a shallow hill, on a farm I was hunting artifacts. As fate would have it I found a marble (Red &Blue) what some call Indian marbles. All of the sudden the farmer while driving on the turn row turned into the field my way. The farmer stopped, rolled down his window and said: “ Have you lost your marbles?” I said, and showed him the marble I had found, “ I found one !” He rolled up his window, looked away and drove off.... JJ

That's cool Flint.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Tractor parts are worth their weight in gold in some areas, including mine. Good find!
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Here it's called "cost-a-lot" green...
        San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Comment

That is a good story. 👏👏👏
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
          X