• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do A Good Turn Daily

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5989.PNG
Views:	250
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	406068 Well I have a few goals I'm going for metal detecting. Find some gold, find a ring with a diamond on it and find something from the Revolutionary War. I accomplished one today and it was better in my opinion then finding one without an owner. My mother inlaw told me to bring my detector to Thanksgiving. Didn't really think about it but kinda strange. After we ate she asked me if I brought it yes I did. She told me a good friend of hers lost her wedding band while doing yard work and would I at least give it a shot to find it. Of course I was happy to. Of course there was lots of trash in the yard but eventually I found it for her. She almost broke out into tears when I gave it to her. I almost did as well seeing how happy she was to get something so special to her back! Much better then finding a lost ring that would just sit in my case!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

What a great story! I'm sure she was beyond thrilled to have her wedding ring back.
    South Carolina

Comment

That is just outstanding Sugaree , it is so great when a detectorist can reunite an owner and their lost item.
      Wyoming

Comment

Great job, my man! It's great to see detectorists do good for others.
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Marshall that's a beautiful story. Thanksgiving special gift.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Thats a beautiful story. sent a chill down my spine when I read it. Thanks for sharing. That must have made a lot of folks very happy.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

WAY TO GO
              That feat is one that I have yet to do.
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Nice Marshall. .you made Thanksgiving special man ...that's cool
                SW Connecticut

Comment

I lost ring with three big (to me) diamonds at the beach, and I can’t tell you how I’ve missed it. I’d been so grateful to anyone who made the effort to help me look, and if someone had found it, they would’ve seemed like knight in shining armor. You are hero!!
                  Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

That's a great story I'm glad you found it for her. Very nice of you to do that.
                    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Sugaree
                      Sugaree commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks SurfaceHunter!
                  Working...
                  X