Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

What signal does gold give off on a regular metal detector? I think a gold coin will give off a coin signal?? As you can tell, I haven't found gold or a gold coin with my metal detector (Whites M6). Any comments would be appreciated.

Hello purplesage; I am not sure about your m6 detector but if it has a metal quality scale as does my XLT then Gold is around 85 on up to 100. As for the signal it should be a clear clean steady and will not change as you pass over the target. Gold and silver are what these machines are made for and they just wont miss that from what I have found anyway. Even the tiny gold rings off jewerly will set them off. I really think if you pass over any gold you will play hard to miss it. No way can you pass over a gold coin and miss it unless you can hunt while sleeping. Good luck and let us know if you find anything. Snow is deep here and all the hunting here is waiting till spring. Oh by the yay I love your user name here. We used to get some of the best Honey off purple sage up here. Got a very high price out of that type.

Comment

Hey Ron,
      Thanks for the info. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. We don't get out enough swingin' the loop. I do need more time with my machine to get to know it. Nice weather is very short down here in SE Oregon, so when it happens, we hit the road lookin' for heads. I can't wait until I retire...29 months to go...so many places and things to do. Thanks again.
      Terry

Comment

Hi Terry; You sound like me 11 years ago. I like to think of this time more as I just quit working and started doing things I wanted. Family is grown and gone on their own so why work? Play is much more fun. We sold the ranch and got rid of most of the things that hold you down and went full time R.V.ing. We just last summer built a house again and we are staying in Washington for the winter. We miss Arizona but the fuel costs have just about finished that part of our retirement. I have hunted with whites detectors for many years and the one I have now as thousands of hours on it. I am thinking of a new one next  summer. I have already sent mine back for a tune-up (free) and it is starting to show it's age. Still works great just getting beat up looking. To many trips in the back of the Jeep. I mostly hunt coins and artifacts have not tried looking for gold nuggets yet. I have done really well over the years my machine has paid me back many times over. I sold a lot of stuff on ebay when we sold out everything and at that time sold a lot of stuff I had found out metal detecting. Old Black smith hand made stuff that people collect. Mostly farm related things or horse gear. Some old gun parts stuff like that. When out think about what you find it may be something someone will want. Well you have a super day.

Comment

You lucky dog!! Sounds like you and the wife have been enjoying retirement to the fullest. I sure hope there is something left to retire on when my time comes. You are right about picking up anything you find when out lookin'. We pack everything home...couple of packrats. Rocks, bottles, branding irons, horse shoes...etc. You know what I mean. So much country to cover, so little time. Good health and a couple of bucks for fuel, that's all a feller needs.
          If yer ever in my part of the country (Klamath Falls), I'm in the phone book, so give me a call and stop by. You have a great day too Ron!
          Terry

Comment

We go through K Falls quite often. Used to transport our Honey Bees to California 6 trips in the fall 6 in the spring. Used to stop at Mollies to eat and have stayed next door a lot. Beautiful area and a lot like Ellensburg.

Comment

Give us a holler Ron next time through...I'm in the phone book.
              Terry

Comment

Working...
              X