Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PointHound
    commented on 's reply
    thanks. I forgot to mention them. There is a old tavern nearby. Both sides camped near this place, but not allot of signs of any big skirmishes. Will come across a random bullet or round ball occasionally but not like I would be finding if there was any major fighting. Sometimes I wonder if the few I find there are just from where they where shooting for practice or just out of boredom.

• Sugaree
    replied
    Wow great finds PointHound!

Leave a comment:

• beatup1354
    replied
    Good detecting on your part

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Nice finds man Thanks for sharing these with us.

Leave a comment:

• TJdave
    replied
    Thats super cool. The knife looks like a Case stockman from the rivets. My first real job was on a dairy. As a 16 year old boy working with grown men guess who did all the clean up. If I left anything out there (like the hose nozzle) it would be pitted in days

Leave a comment:

• Kentucky point
    replied
    Awesome finds! I see you've found some Civil War lead as well!

Leave a comment:

• PointHound
    started a topic Had to bring out the machine

Had to bring out the machine

The few small native sites I have to hunt haven't been producing much lately so this past weekend I decided to give the machine a go. Went to a cattle farm I have been hunting for some time now. Went two times over the weekend. Besides getting harassed by a few young bulls I did pretty good. Found a clipped piece of a 2 reale am guessing probably from somewhere between 1732- 1741? Also got a , 1821 coronet cent, a pocket knife probably from the mid 19th cen. , couple broke shoe buckle pieces and a few flat buttons. Probably put in around 11 hours or so all together. Was lucky to get any detail on the large cent at all. Old cattle fields can just destroy a copper coin, sometimes it will even eat up a silver coin depending on where it is found. They have allot of acid in their urine is what I think causes it.
    Attached Files
Working...
X