Gold Rush camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Rush camp

With the shelter in place my son Seth has been trying out his Nox 800 on some gold rush camps on our place . Lots of trash so we are going to set the screens up on one of the new found cabin sites . Click image for larger version

Name:	P4050452.JPG
Views:	482
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	437155 Click image for larger version

Name:	P4050450.JPG
Views:	437
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	437156 Click image for larger version

Name:	P4050448.JPG
Views:	418
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	437157

Very cool,stuff don’t get a chance to see items like those. Did that button t/r go on all military jackets?
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• south fork
      south fork commented
      Editing a comment
      I think so we find them all over the place on native camps and Gold camps placer and hard rock mines all over our hill .

Excellent! There's more there! Wish I had a Nox 800, but they're a wee bit on the pricey side.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• south fork
      south fork commented
      Editing a comment
      My son just bought it a couple week's ago so still a learning curve he loves it . Looks like a cell phone on a stick lol super light weight .

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had the pleasure of operating a brand new Whites MXT once, and man that thing was like carrying around a feather compared to my machine. Mine feels like carrying a log after a full day.

NOX's can pull out anything, and once he learns how to use it, and get's in tune with it, he can find anything. I've been with folks who dug artillery shells at 3 feet deep, and percussion caps at a foot deep with that thing.

Nice stuff
    SW Connecticut

Comment

real nice south fork keep posting i will be most interested in how you like the Nox 800, i have a one coming soon to add to the detector arsenal .
      Wyoming

Comment

• south fork
        south fork commented
        Editing a comment
        We have a couple of Whites GMTs and a modified ? SD-2100 for nugget shooting always room for one more .

• beatup1354
        beatup1354 commented
        Editing a comment
        most of mine are gold machines, GPZ 7000 ,GPX 4000 ,SDC 2300 , Xterra 705 and Fisher gold bug pro ,decided i need a good multi purpose detector that is why i ordered the Nox 800.

I love the button. Congrats to your son.
      If your place is large enough to have cabins and multiple sites on itI need to ask.
      How large is your place.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• south fork
        south fork commented
        Editing a comment
        I have 25 acres it crosses several drainages and almost a half mile long four or five cabin sites and a couple of Native American Camps and mining evidence one end to the other . Enough here to feed our need for artifacts for a long time we have barley scratched this place . Gold and Native Artifacts its easy to stay home plenty to keep us busy big garden also cows sheep and goats if things get worse . We also back up to Government Land and recreational easement . Plenty of game and great fishing if you don't mind a long walk and climb back out .

• beatup1354
        beatup1354 commented
        Editing a comment
        you are in heaven by my standards

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        I can feel the green eyed monster creeping up in me.

That screening on an old cabin site with a bunch of junk should be interesting. No better time than now
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Just got to love stuff like that !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Here's an old photo from the same camp with a little gold and goodies . Lots of work and time but a great hobby and right in our back yard , Click image for larger version

Name:	Kelsey finds 001.JPG
Views:	370
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	437977

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            That a Chinese coin ? If so I guess building RR was a side job..

• south fork
            south fork commented
            Editing a comment
            I forgot about this thread sorry yes the Chinese worked these claims cheap slave wages and workers .

Powder flask and buckle in the center with the buttons are recent finds from hidden springs camp . My sons finds with metal detector Click image for larger version

Name:	P5190594.JPG
Views:	340
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	468010 Click image for larger version

Name:	P7060736.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	468011

Comment

Congrats to your son.
            Apowder flask is high on my wish list.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

some good stuff coming out the ground
              Wyoming

Comment

A) very cool finds!

b). Do metal detectors come in different metal detecting types? I thought they all found the same things, but sounds like y’all have some for gold, and some for other metals? I am now even more confused....
                Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro355 View Post
                  A) very cool finds!

b). Do metal detectors come in different metal detecting types? I thought they all found the same things, but sounds like y’all have some for gold, and some for other metals? I am now even more confused....
                  Some are high tech and with a lot of practice they are able to discriminate different metals .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P7090758.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	468770 My son went back to the hidden springs camp this evening 3 Chinese coins a piece of a sake cup ? and a Drill . Found with the metal detector the drill and cup piece came out with a coin . Click image for larger version

Name:	P7090752.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	468764 Click image for larger version

Name:	P7090755.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	468765 Click image for larger version

Name:	P7090753.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	468766 Click image for larger version