Old workings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old workings

Here are some photos of an area of old workings most likely depression era they dug cuts across the toes of hillsides and some deep dry washer pits and even a small drift mine out there. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9667.JPG Views:	0 Size:	270.4 KB ID:	523360 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9671.JPG Views:	0 Size:	282.6 KB ID:	523361 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9670.JPG Views:	0 Size:	214.8 KB ID:	523362 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9668.JPG Views:	0 Size:	166.0 KB ID:	523363 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9664.JPG Views:	0 Size:	283.2 KB ID:	523364 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9663.JPG Views:	0 Size:	256.2 KB ID:	523365
    Wyoming

Bret nice area did anything turn up in area
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Just quartz crystals and a few other rock specimens nothing outstanding.
      Wyoming

Comment

Do you run across old workings like this often?
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• beatup1354
          beatup1354 commented
          Editing a comment
          yes quite often but not as big and as extensive as these were

How in the world did they know where to dig,?
        Floridaboy.

Comment

• beatup1354
          beatup1354 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal they would just dig a small test hole at first if it had enough gold then they would dig and mine it if not move on to the next spot they would do this in darn near every wash out in this country.

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          Like digging for points, but at least we found a few surface signs..Obviously they knew what they were doin.They were a tough bunch.

Set it on ferrous might have been some old picks. I’m sure there was metal cans laying somewhere. There was a camp ⛺️ somewhere, maybe some old whiskey bottles laying around

Comment

I bet if you were to crawl in them holes you might find some lost gold. If I was there I'd hold your feet for ya.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Is that out in the red desert area ? Looks like the Mojave

Comment

just south east of Quartzsite Az.
            Wyoming

Comment

Working...
            X