5 Cent Trade Token

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Cent Trade Token

The snow is gone for the moment in Ohio so I made it out to one of my spots. Found a cool trade token in one area and flipped the little cobalt from another ravine. I think the token is steel and circa 1910. Pretty day and good to get out.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1513 (1024x745).jpg
Views:	313
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	536980Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1514 (1024x757).jpg
Views:	267
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	536981
    Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Really neat finds. Token is interesting and I love blue glass bottles.

A searchable online Token Catalog. The Public Catalog is available to all vistors. The intent is to provide information about where these tokens were used (their attribution) and related data. This is a user contribution site and tokens from all states (and countries) are continually added. Users add the content which interests them, growing the entire site in the process.
    California

Comment

Not steel. Some kind of alloy. Just a bit larger than a quarter. Thanks for the link and I can't resist blue glass.
      Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

• tomf
        tomf commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably the cheapest material they could get away with. I don't know anything about Trade Coins but thought that site might help you research it.

Nice finds!
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Trade tokens/ commerce tokens are very collectable, not to mention sometimes fairly valuable. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
        And cobalt blue is my favorite colour of bottle.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• fldwlkr
          fldwlkr commented
          Editing a comment
          To think the value of a nickel merited a token... times change. Of course, I am old enough to remember penny candy.

Nice finds a good hunt .

Comment

Dang i missed this one usually look at metal detecting finds because it is my second hobby bottle neat also
          South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Working...
          X