Want a day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a day!

Many years ago while hunting for Artifacts along the North Branch of the Susquehanna river I found a 1734 King Georgeve penny. I went to get my second covid today shot and took my metal detector along to go over the area with the machine. The pict shows two more pennies early 1700. 1 early smooth bore musket ball maybe a 69 calaber. 2 buttons. One copper the other Lead. Another piece of lead from bullet making. 2 pieces of ceramic dinner ware. 1 cut nail and a chunk of very old heavy iron. And to top it off after I got home I went over to the next hill from my house to look for a Bald Eagle nest I thought I saw from the road. I found it and a Bald Eagle came up and landed on the nest while I was watching. I even got a quick video of him leaving the nest. I must say that is a great day. Kim

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3156.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	549446

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3157.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	549447
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Very exciting finds, thanks for showin, can’t wait to see what else turns up.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not to quit on this Hal. I think for me this is a find of a lifetime. Research shows a 1779 tavern very near this site. If you want to see the area it is between Northumberland and Danville Pa. That's an 11 mile stretch so I'm not giving anything away. I'll keep you posted. What the real cool thing is this site is a a good Artifact hunting ground. I've found some really nice points in this field. So if I get tired of metal detecting I can go arrowhead hunting!

Nice stuff Kim
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      Always appreciate your likes red

Cool finds!
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Man. I wish you were here so I could share this wonderful site with you. Comeon up!

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      If I could I would. I’d love to just walk it and look at it. I love going to sites I’ve never walked and just wander around, imagining the historical goings-on.👍
Working...
X