Day two 1700s site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day two 1700s site

I just wanted to catch you up on todays findings. I took a friend along and he found a penny. I found two more for a total of 5. I also found another lead ball. a nice piece of white and blue ceramic china. A chunk of an iron kettle. A piece of a gun lock. A very good brass thimble. I also found a Jacks Reef triangle and a small stone bowel. There is F.C.R. all over this site. I don't know if it is related to the building that was there. I did research the pennies or Half Pennies. Of that I'm not sure. All King Georgevus II Rex. All early 1700. So far only one date 1730. Trying to figure out what was there, I'm guessing it was either an early Stage coach stop, or possibly a River Ferry crossing. There had to some commerce because of the numerous Pennies. see the picts below.
    Last edited by Mattern; 04-21-2021, 09:39 AM. Reason: Addition.
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

That's some interesting history. I hope you can solve the mystery of what business was there.
    South Carolina

Comment

Good one Kim.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Sounds like a wonderful place to explore can’t wait to follow your history trail!
        N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Pics

Comment

• Mattern
            Mattern commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for reminding me Sarg.

Sorry I should have posted these picts. before. #1 obvious. #2 the Iron, Glob of Iron, unknown, gun lock, Iron kettle, Jacks Reef tool. Last Iron Kettle blow up. Kim

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3158.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	549719

Name:	IMG_3159.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	549720

Name:	IMG_3160.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	549721
          Last edited by Mattern; 04-21-2021, 09:48 AM. Reason: Addition
          Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Interesting thread Kim!
            SW Connecticut

Comment

• Mattern
              Mattern commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Red more to come. I got some good potential information on a highway house being on this site.  Red this is so exciting. Who ever gets to find and hunt stuff on a1700 historical site? I'll keep this thread going as I gain any new info.
          Working...
          X