Places to hunt after the thaw out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to hunt after the thaw out

Might be fun to get some different places that we hunt to help others interested. One place I like to hunt that I never see anyone else is where the city piles all the snow. I have hunted the lot where the city moves all the snow off the downtown streets after the snow melts. Have found cell-phones-rings-watches-and lots of coins. Never any really worth much stuff but a fun place to try out hunting. Another of course is the local Soccer field along where everyone sits during games. Of course swimming beaches are great. Campsites. just any field used will have coins and if a older one silver coins. My very most and best place is yards of older houses. OK any more ideas?

I've got several 1830's - 40's log cabin cellar holes picked out to hunt around. I also intend to hunt a timbered area where an indian campsite was located in the early 1800's. Around the year 1826 or so these indians were supposed to be in possession of about $18,000.00 worth of gold and silver bars and coins. Who knows, maybe they lost some of it. I'm tired of being cooped up this winter and have the detecting fever bad. Daryl

Comment

Boy that sound like a great plan. Around the log cabin holes try to locate the outhouse pits. A lot of nice old bottles in those. Should be able to locate with your detector if any metal in them also if they burnt down you may find the square nails around them. A lot of those old cabins burnt down and there is some nice stuff in the holes. You may need to dig them if a lot of nails will kill your signels on the detector. Just throw the dirt out and spread it out and go over it with the detector. You will know right away if it burnt or not. Also check for the storage house. Usually there was one close by. I have found a lot around these and they are really fun. GOOD LUCK

Comment

Working...
      X