Click image for larger version

Name:	ABA633E8-5AF7-4407-B36C-F180ECD59A0E.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	563944Click image for larger version

Name:	6BD8CCD4-8CA4-4174-A4C4-C75417A12633.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	563943 Hello everyone hope all is well. I took the family on our annual beach trip to the NC coast. We were there for a week and a day. We had lots of fun fishing swimming along with all the other normal beach activities. Of course I brought my metal detector and put a good bit of time in looking with my 8 year old son. We definitely put the miles in while searching the sands for treasure. It turned out to be a good trip for finds! We dug hundreds of items up including 301 bottle caps, funny drinking and bottles are not allowed on this beach. The clad was showing up decent dug 126 pennies and ended up with around 17$ in change. The highlight of the finds for the trip were the rings. We ended up finding 10 rings seven were junk but three were men’s wedding bands two 14k gold bands and one Palladium ring. When we found the Palladium ring I wasn’t sure it was valuable so I did a google search and WOW WOW WOW! The price of Palladium is much more then gold and almost twice that of Platinum! Check out precious metal values today. Got a few other jewelry finds but nothing special except the silver necklace. Also found a few shark teeth. One other interesting find was the Morgan family crest I actually have Morgans in my family tree. Looked up the crest and the name Morgan means “white sea dweller” guess it was kind of fitting for my beach week. I gave my civil war spot a good dig but nothing but iron junk. Thanks for the look everyone and good luck out there!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Name:	BEC5F7DA-F846-4D26-9407-07505DED478D.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	563952Click image for larger version

Name:	672635DB-70B9-44D6-B6A1-6E87E6FC087C.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	563951

Comment

Score, score, and score!!

Where have I been to not know what palladium is?! Had to read about to find out how to recognize, and guessing beautiful ring has hallmark required in jewelry since 2010 (look what you made me learn, Sugar!). Read also has flexibility other precious metals don’t have, which means you can have big ole ring transformed into something delicate and feminine and perfect gift for son’s mom!

(hmmmm…..or, can squirrel away as investment for retirement!)

p.s. the Morgan part of your story gave me little shiver! ….just another tiny bit of synchronicity….
      Last edited by Cecilia; 06-18-2021, 02:12 PM.
      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea sons mom didn’t really care about my hobbies till the jewelry started showing up! Now it’s quit being lazy and go find more. From what I’ve read there’s not many jewelers who know how to work with palladium maybe I’ll try and find one and get something nice made for her? It also happens to fit perfectly. Or maybe I’ll save them as retirement investment as stated not really sure. The ring is stamped Benchmark Palladium. Benchmark is the company name they have some unique looking bands check them out.

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        If fits perfectly, then by all means put that sucker on! …unless you inclined to take off when shower, wash hands, work in dirt, or any other temporary times! Think investment better if can enjoy everyday, but I wouldn’t go round bragging and showing it off… which is exactly what I’d do (if wore jewelry)!

Sure was worth the trip, my wife has Morgan's in her family and as much as she studies family history she did not know the meaning of the Morgan name.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Johnny my Morgan side comes from Stanly county NC believe that is where the point type get’s it’s name from. Saw the US Treasury makes a Palladium 1oz bullion coin now looking online they are going for around $3,500.

Congrats on some nice treasures! It looks like people lose a lot of valuable items. It would be a treasure to just get to the beach!
      South Dakota

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Gary the beach is definitely the place to find valuable jewelry. You put it on your towel and forget about it. Waves lotion and alcohol help in losing jewelry on the beach. Hope you get to make it to the beach sooner then later.

Glad to hear you had a good trip thanks for sharing the finds.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Hoss it sure is easier digging in the sand compared to my usual spots with rocks and roots.

Fantastic haul, I’d have to go to work to get some rest !
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks JJ yea definitely no rest on my vacations! Good thing is that it was a paid vacation!

Hey Marshall.... Do
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that made me laugh Marshall yeah I was typing something earlier and I got cut off but hey I'm glad for you that was a good vacation you know with the metal detector and the youngins that's great nice finds man

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        And also I thought Platinum was the most precious metal known to man I thought the Palladium was a dance hall in Vegas!
        Last edited by redrocks; 06-19-2021, 10:17 AM.

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        A year or two ago platinum was more expensive then palladium. I looked up precious metal values today per ounce. Gold $1,765 Silver 25.83 platinum $1,048, palladium $2,488. Palladium is the most valuable of the four main precious metals by far. They have all lost value this month. Palladium is used in catalytic converters that’s why people steal them along with containing other precious metals. They’re more expensive metals such as rhodium which value today is at $21,100. If I read correctly palladium is 15 times more rare then platinum. Funny thing is that to the untrained eye a palladium ring would just look like steel on a finger if you did not know.

Wow what a haul. Ring is really cool.
      SE IA

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks oldrocks2!

Looks like you could have a garage sale there kiddo .

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        The match box cars are definitely piling up I find them everywhere!

I found this . It’s worth the same as gold if not more .

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s interesting to see how much our precious metals vary in price daily. I believe that palladium rings have become quite a bit more valuable then even an 18K gold ring just google mens 18K gold wedding band then do the same for Palladium. I believe I found an exact match online I’ll add a pic for you check out the price of my ring from a Jewelry store.

Name:	D5CBAECE-39EC-4D99-AFF5-153BC5B8F798.png
Views:	138
Size:	291.7 KB
ID:	564526

Comment

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow
    Working...