Was hoping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was hoping

Santa was gonna bring me a metal detector. Done it when I was a kid, But after seeing yalls posts I have been wanting to get into it a bit again. Well guess Ill have to get my own. What are some decent starter models that wont break the bank?

Hello Fla Hillbilly.....yes there are hillbillies in Florida.....ever heard of the Redneck Riviera..... That's where I go to vacation for the last 45 years. I have kinfolk in Fla.
    I am an advid Coinshooter metal detectorist.... Love to Coin Shoot PCB. Have found tons of coins, silver jewelry,and 1 Diamond Ring about 2 years ago. A young
    lady lost it when she flipped her blanket. Felt good finding it for her.

I have a Minelab Safari Full Band Spectrum Machine @1K. I also have an entry model Minelab Exterra 305 which was about $250 - $300. It is a good Coinshooter for
    the money. It will go down about 8 to 10 inches with a good double D coil. The Safari is a beast and can go down about a foot or more.

The new Metal detectors are much better than the older machines. I will tell you that you should get one for as much as you can possible afford until it hurts. Invest in
    a good large double D coil. I would tell you that Minelab is a major machine maker and If I were going to get another one I would go with the Equinox 800. It is
    completely waterproof, wireless headphones (headphones are better) than not wearing them. You can hear faint sounds with them. I have picked up a couple of Barber Quarters
    like that. The Equinox 800 is about $900.00 or so BUT if you are a veteran you can get 15% off all minelab machines. Go to KELLYCO.com. They are located in Florida, I get all
    my stuff from them. They will help you out, and you can cruise their website......bunches of detectors and stuff..........

Comment

Minelab also makes a little brother to the Equinox 800.......the Equinox 600. It's somewhat cheaper without the frills.

Comment

Check out one of the Minelab Vanquishes.. I would have suggested Tesoro but they are out of business......!!!!!! ​
        Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

The Vanguish is excellent starter......comes with a nice double D coil and Bluetooth tech......wireless headphones. If you can afford it the Equinox 600/800 is your next bet. Both
          have multiple ID freq.

Good call there....tomclark

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will check them out.

Comment

what about this one from minelab? comes with both coils

Comment

I believe that the Xtera 705 has been discontinued.
                Bruce
                In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

The minelab Xterra 705 is still a good coinshooter and jewelry finder. If you can find one in excellent shape for a few hundred dollars or less..get it
                  I have a Xterra 305 which operates on 1 frequency, but it is one of the best signals you want for coin shooting....7.5khrtz The lower freq's are the best for coins and the depth is good.

Comment

The coils you show are good. Looks like you have a 6 inch coil which is good in trashy areas. I have one just like it for by 305. I also have an 11 inch DD coil which is great for

looking in large areas for coins and you want more depth...........YOU ALWAYS WANT MORE DEPTH.

Comment

Working...
                    X