Hunting the Imperial Dunes Plank Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting the Imperial Dunes Plank Road

This is a great area to hunt with your metal detector as you never know just what will show up. There is a large camping area that fills up every weekend and it is just soft sand. Anything dropped will disapear into the sand. Makes for a fun place to hunt. You can find several dollars in a very short time. Tools are common. Watches Rings all kinds of things. One of my best finds for me because I love history is a copper registered Motor Vehicle plate dated 1915 State of California. Now the reason I like this is because of the history of the Imperial Dunes Plank Road built in 1915. Read the history at this site and see if you think this is a cool artifact.http://www.desertusa.com/sandhills/plankrd.html I think that this kind of thing is what makes Metal detecting so much fun. You just know this came off a vehicle while they were working on this road.

That is fascinating relic from times past Ron. Not many would have appreciation for such a thing but I know exactly where you are coming from. That is to cool!!

Comment

Thats a nice find. I don't think we had metal registration tags here in Illinois. Daryl

Comment

You should be able to look up that registration, find out what kind of car it was and who owned it, or even where they lived when they had it registered!  That would be really cool to find out.

Comment

Working...
        X