wampum pendants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wampum pendants

been working with quahog alot lately.these are what ive turned out this week(except one) it takes alot more work than you would think to get em" to look like this!pics dont really do the color justice.

call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Those are beautiful! If the pics don't do the color justice I can't imagine how they look in person. Keep up the lovely work!

Comment

thanks ! their alot more viberant in hand,and ive since given them all a high polish and rubbed em" down with oil to seal em" up.the beads in the top pic are glass and the other ones are from a wild turkey bone i cut into sections.

Comment

Hey Jay, Good work on those. You need to shoot a few more turkeys: I like the bone beads.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

the small bones in a coyote foot make really good beads when cut into sections too.

Comment

Those are just to cool, there's nothing you can't do . Just awesome!
            east Tx.

Comment

not a pendant, but i recently got some imitation wampum (glass) beads.this is my first attempt at doin beadwork.i made a quick loom outta a piece of pine and some nails.it's all nice and tightly put together, but im sure anyone with any experiance with this stuff at all would quickly see all my dumb mistakes! i made it work though!i dont have a clue what im gonna do with it,i certainly aint gonna wear it! though it is long enough to be a wristband or something.its a little over 7 and a half inchs beadwise.maybe i'll tie it on my quiver?....

them globs inbetween the beads are wax from the simulated sinew.

Comment

Hey Jay, That's just the right length with the beads. Tie it around your neck.
                Might have to use a little longer leathers.
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

thanks mr. kelley! i dont think i'll be wearing that out in public though! :laugh: not where i live!

Comment

WOW hmy:...those are amazing -and- beautiful..thanks 4 sharing hmy:

Comment

Jay, you would enjoy meeting Domingo, who has a storefront in Conimicut Village. If you are in Conimicut and see he looks open, stop in. He is a direct descendent of Conimicut, the granddaughter of Canonicus, Narragansett sachem. Domingo does great stuff with wampum.
                      Does not keep regular hours though.

Rhode Island

Comment

thanks charlie! i'll have to check it out next time im down that way.maybe he could give me some advice!

Comment

Forgive me for posting about 6 years later, but how did you make those? Looks like a fun project for me. They look awesome, btw.
                          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Kentucky point
                            Kentucky point commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Up in PA, near the Schuylkill and Loyalsock rivers I meant. It seems every river I come within 50 miles of, they all start flooding. HA!

• OnewiththewilD
                            OnewiththewilD commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Quahogs are a salt water clam

• Kentucky point
                            Kentucky point commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Well dagburnit, lol!

Jay those are sick!
                          Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

You said you were working on this and got me motivated .
                            Learned how to knot a necklace ( like pearls ) made a Mala .
                            Ok those are impressive I must say . I can’t get over the turkey bone and how you got that to fit .
                            Really nice work Jay .

Comment

Working...
                            X