No announcement yet.

Arthur Itis says Break-Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sneakygroundbuzzard wrote: Ron, are you using an ishi stick or a hand flaker?
    watch how your holding the rock and the tool as your applying pressure
    most times pain from knapping is from bad form, and can easily be fixed just by watching what your doing and making slight changes to your form
      Hey Tim, I have a couple of hand flakers but I don't use them much. Most of my work is with my boppers and Ishi stick. I saw a video of a guy using his ishi stick under the right knee. I'm going to try that.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

hey,it looks like you're knappin' right along!Is that Novaculite you're working with?If it is,i know that's pretty easy to work,wait till you hit the harder stuff,your arthur-itus will surely kick in.How long have you been knapping?

Comment

Mojo Mike wrote: hey,it looks like you're knappin' right along!Is that Novaculite you're working with?If it is,i know that's pretty easy to work,wait till you hit the harder stuff,your arthur-itus will surely kick in.How long have you been knapping?
          Hey Mike, Yes the lithic is heat treated novaculite from Arkansas. I have only been knapping for three weeks.  :laugh: I know...You can tell. :laugh:
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Ron, if your going to do the under the knee indirect percussion with your ishi stick
          you need to leave more of the flaking tip exposed out of the ishi stick
          this is because you will be hitting the flaking tip (whether its copper or antler) and not the ishi stick itself
          i have tried this technique before and find it rather difficult to keep the ishi stick tucked under my knee
          a friend told me that what he does is use a bungee cord attached to the ishi stick,then wrapped over the top of his leg and then
          attached once again to the ishi stick
          i havent tried this yet,but i can see where it would be very effective at keeping the ishi stick tucked under the knee

Comment

Working...
          X