Few Obsidian Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Obsidian Blades

I knapped a few more blades. I'm still learning a little from point to point. I pushed a few flakes 1 3/4 to 2 inches with the ishi stick. You have to have a strong platform to do that.

Attached files 
    Last edited by Ron Kelley; 08-21-2015, 09:08 AM.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

nice Ron!A few of those match ancient obsidian points.Those one inch to two and a half inch points are easier to run your flakes longer if you're just begining or the narrow ones.But it looks like you're catching on good.I never was good at running long flakes,other than some edge work to get them in shape.Knapp on!Mojo

Comment

Ron, those are amazing.  I have got to learn to do that.  Is obsidian a hard stone to learn on or a good beginning choice,  I want to learn to knap Columbia River style points.
      \"Of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most.\"

Comment

taxidermist01 wrote: Ron, those are amazing.  I have got to learn to do that.  Is obsidian a hard stone to learn on or a good beginning choice,  I want to learn to knap Columbia River style points.
          Hey Taxidermist01, Thanks. I'm a newbie when it comes to flintknapping but have heard that the best stone for us beginners is obsidian and novaculite.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Nice job Ron
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Ron You do good work my friend and that obsidian you use is killer.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
            X