Knapping Quartz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knapping Quartz

I am back from my week long trip and I've knapped a couple more points today. I have figured out why people say quartz is more difficult to work with. I started making my girlfriend a point out of rose quartz, and one band-aid later, I finished. She also gave me a tackle box which fits my knapping supplies.
    If both artifact and hunter lie idle, they will not meet.

Hey Eannis, That's some beautiful material and a nice point. You are right there are lots of lithics that are easier to work.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• eannis6
      eannis6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ron! I have really enjoyed knapping a lot. I really am interested in furthering my knowledge of lithics.

Nice work Eannis! Yeah better keep a box of band-aids on standby. You did good with that quartz! Nice looking tool rig too. Thanks for sharing!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• eannis6
      eannis6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, thanks so much! I was warned to keep band aids nearby before I began, and blew it off....I know better now, haha!

The tackle box is a great idea for stashing your tools. Thanks for sharing your pics and story.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• eannis6
      eannis6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hoss! I really do love communicating with other people on this forum. The amount of knowledge here is incredible.
Working...
X