something pretty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something pretty

while waiting for the glue to set on a knife handle i decided to make another necklace point

this one is pink fiber optic glass,wrapped with twisted sterling silver and copper wire

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3586.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	292020

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3589.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	292021

i think i forgot to post this one
    this was made a week or two back,thats why i said i made another necklace point lol

orange fiber optic glass,wrapped with twisted sterling silver and copper wire

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_3580.JPG Views:	1 Size:	118.6 KB ID:	292025

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_3582.JPG Views:	1 Size:	79.7 KB ID:	292026

Comment

Beautiful Sneaky. Where do you get your fiber optic glass. Those are really nice and how is it to work?
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Hey Tim, Those are some pretty colorful pendants.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion68 View Post
        Beautiful Sneaky. Where do you get your fiber optic glass. Those are really nice and how is it to work?
        thanks chuck

i buy it when i am knapps ins,most all of the rock dealers have some for sale

it is really a soft material and you have to be careful when work it
        when working at the tip you dont want to try and run a flake across to the other side or it will over shoot,you have to try and run it from the tip towards the base some what to keep it from overshooting to the other side

Comment

Those are pretty Tim! I doubt a woman could pass that pink one up without having to have it... I think the two tone wire wrap was a good idea also! Thanks for sharing!
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
            sneakygroundbuzzard commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks Josh

im hoping to have a bunch like this made up before the knap ins start this summer,along with some ear rings
            but im going to have to order some more fiber optic glass in a variety of colors first

Both really nice Tim.
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Nice work on points and wrapping
          South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

I love how you guys just whip out these absolute works of art while waiting for the coffee to brew...so to speak...outstanding piece of art Sneaky...
          The chase is better than the catch...
          I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
            Editing a comment
            thanks BABA, but i wouldnt say i crank them out. each one of those arrow heads took over an hour to make. got to take your time to make pretty things

Thank you Tim I am very happy with it. Click image for larger version

Name:	sneaky.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	294286
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Matt, so glad you like it and that it arrived undamaged.
            i always get nervous when it comes to mailing one of my babies lol

Comment

Fabulous work Tim, that pink one will be snapped up PDQ by the first lady passing by your work area.What method do you use to twist the wire together?
              I really like what you did however a tighter twist might be more desirable.
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
                Editing a comment
                thanks Bruce

the pink one was sold to a cousin of mine for his wife

i put one end of the wire in my vise,the other ends in my cordless drill and then just let the drill twist them up

i am going to get some smaller gauge wire so i can do a tighter twist
                if i go any tighter on the twist with this wire it gets to hard to work with to do the wrap
                the copper gets tougher do to heat when twisting it,so a smaller gauge will be needed to keep it workable after it gets twisted tighter

Well Tim, those necklaces would make any girl's heart go pitter pat! That pink glass is stunning! And as always, flawlessly made. Thanks for sharing!
              Child of the tides

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
                Editing a comment
                thank you very much

my cousins wife loved that pink one
                so he had to buy it for her
            Working...
            X