Horse Creek, Siltstone, and Obsidian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse Creek, Siltstone, and Obsidian

I knapped that gray Ishi point from some stone that Chad (CSkelton) from Montana gave me.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Point 648a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	76.9 KB ID:	301146 Click image for larger version  Name:	Point 649a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	60.2 KB ID:	301147 Click image for larger version  Name:	Point 650a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	301148
    Last edited by Ron Kelley; 05-25-2018, 09:08 AM.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Wow Ron that Horse Creek is just awesome...they all look excellent but that Horse Creek really stands out...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Frank, That sure is some colorful chert. It's not as tough as some of the other cherts that I knap.

Nice work Ron and a very colorful point.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Johnny, You know how much fun it is to knap those big Knives. This one is just over six inches long.

Those are very nice.. hope those rocks, are all knappable. So, is that stuff i posted about, and you were the only response, siltstone?
    Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Chad, I'm not sure. If you remember the gray rock that you sent me, I have been told that is siltstone. The ancient people were using it so I would expect that you would find some siltstone artifacts. Locally there could be a more specific name for the local lithic.
Working...
X