4.5" Hornstone Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.5" Hornstone Knife

I have knapped a lot of bigger knives but I would like to carry this one.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Point 799a.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	327307
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Ron - that's beautiful workmanship. Are ya gonna put a handle on it and get a scabbard for your belt. That's a blade anyone would be proud to carry. By the way -- your package should arrive Thursday, 25 Oct,0
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Chuck, Many thanks for the good Tennessee chert. Yes I would like to haft this one. I make the sheath with a neck loop. That's how the ancient ones did it.

• Scorpion68
      Scorpion68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Will you post a pic of it when ya get it done? I'd really like to see it.

• Scorpion68
      Scorpion68 commented
      Editing a comment
      By the way Ron - some of that chert, the larger pieces, were really rough so I'm not sure what's under the core material. Gonna be interesting to find out though..

Great looking blade! You always have your points flaked to perfection. I guess my flaker isn't sharp enough or something. I can't notch worth spit. But yours on the other hand are works of lithic art, that should be appreciated!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Ron that blade looks unbelievable!! Don’t know if you talked with jay but yesterday we were able to put two of your knives to work! Unbelievable.
      Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        You did? I would have liked to have seen that! I am to gentle with my stuff. I try to keep it G10!

I always say, knives were meant to be used! When someone makes something beautiful, use it! They have artistic value, but think, the stuff we were finding were tools these people used every day.

There is is a video coming, and I can’t wait!
      Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Tell me which youtube channel it's going to be on so I can find it.

• Ron Kelley
        Ron Kelley commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Ben, Using an item to harvest an animal or process the harvest is what makes it mine. My only rifle that hasn't taken deer is my model 94-22 but that one took enough squirrels to make up for it. You know your post is a teaser. I can't wait to see the stone knives in action.

Oh my goodness, Ron, that truly is beautiful! Your workmanship is unsurpassed.
      Child of the tides

Comment

Nice work but Ron that's pretty
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
        X