Going Native (or crazy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Native (or crazy)

I have been making more stuff, and clearing out more area's for my camp. By July, I want to have a fully functional camp with water, a garden, a knapping pit, a shelter, a fire pit and a cooking rack. I am slowly getting there. Here is some of the tools and ornaments that will be used. You have seen most of the stuff before.

Here's a family photo. From top to bottom, left to right: 6 foot Paleo spear, Hoe, Knife, Tie-on Bannerstone, Celt/axe, tiny Birdstone, Georgetown Dalton, Gorget, Flint-Ridge Adena, Gorget, Gorget, carved slate, Atlatl, and three arrows.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0110.jpg Views:	1 Size:	265.8 KB ID:	328232
    This is the hoe I will use to plant my garden

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_49551.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	328233
    Some gorgets.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0112.jpg Views:	1 Size:	273.1 KB ID:	328234 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0117.jpg1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	206.8 KB ID:	328235

A four inch, Flint Ridge Adena.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0119.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	328236

A two and a half inch Dalton.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0121.jpg Views:	1 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	328237
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

A neighbor with a good pocket knife, and more patience developed the atlatl for me. So far, I can throw a 6 ft. dart about 90 ft. It is made out of cedar. Now I have to make one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tffgj.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	284.3 KB
ID:	328240 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0085.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	328239

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Hey Ethan, That's a lot of cool items. I really like your plan to put together a camp. I will be watching for the developing camp.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Hey KP - Looks like you're exercising your knowledge and skill rather than going "crazy." Those are excellent examples and reproductions that you actually use. Nice going. Excellent post.
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Ok KP you have taken to my level of crazy love it man .
          I love the idea of the camp . You need to get on a reality show .

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            "Our brave warrior fights off hunger, and mosquitoes. He can't start a fire or find food. He is going insane from the pressures of survival. Then he decides to go back up to the house which is literally 100 yards away."

• Ron Kelley
            Ron Kelley commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha...I make the claim that a little crazy is fun.

Nice stuff man..the camp sounds cool good for you keep up the good work and posts
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Great stuff bud! Now you gotta grow out yer hair! Lol
            call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

I think I’ve seen a Gorget like that before too, I wonder where...? Lol
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Ron Kelley
                Ron Kelley commented
                Editing a comment
                Ha

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea I thought it looked familiar too...

Outstanding work Ethan. Your attention to detail and patience is a rare combination at your age. I really think you have a given talent. Stay with it. Your work is excellent.
              The chase is better than the catch...
              I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Working...
              X