for a friend of a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for a friend of a friend

a good friend of mine has a friend who had a bunch of sheds he wanted to get rid of

so my friend worked out a trade between his friend and myself
    his friend gave me a box full of antlers for knife handles and all i had to do was make him a knife from a special shed he found many many years ago on his grandfathers farm

well got his knife finished up today,now i just need to make a display stand for it
    i hope he likes it

the blade is mahogony/gold sheen obsidian

sorry my photo skills dont do this piece justice

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3685.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	313.3 KB
ID:	328246

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3686.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	328247

thanks for looking

Excellent piece! I don't believe I have seen your work before. That is an awesome knife!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
      sneakygroundbuzzard commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you very much.

i dont post most of what i make.but over the years ive been on this site i have posted a fair amount of my work.
      usually just post ones that i really like or are special pieces like this one.

Sneaky - that shed looks really really old and goes quite nicely with your absolutely beautiful blade. That is truly an awesome combination and your friends friend will be tickled pink to get it.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
      Editing a comment
      thanks Chuck.
      if i remember right,my friends friend said he found that shed like 40 years a go

Me and Pointhead used that blade you made me awhile back to clean a deer the other day, it worked awesome man! Thank again
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
      Editing a comment
      Jay,thats freaken awesome

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      I am with Sneaky on this one. That's awesome! I have enough trouble with a modern knife doing that.

Nice job Sneaky.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Nice knife I like that red streak near the tip...good knapping
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Hey Tim, Real nice job on the knife. Tell us about the stone. Is that obsidian with an orange streak???
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
        Editing a comment
        thanks Ron.
        the material is actually mahogony/gold sheen obsidian. wish i could have gotten a better pic in the sunlight that showed the gold sheen in it.
        but sadly i knap better than i take pictures.but there is a lot of gold sheen in it when you see it in person.

Where did you get the beautiful lithic ?
      Sneaky when you put your blade in do you do it NA with pine tar or do you use appoxiy . Just asking cause wayne is really getting into making these .
      He doesn’t knap but he loves to make the bases and I live to color them all natural . I know you like sinew but we just used bees wax on some . Do tell

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
        Editing a comment
        thanks Tam.

most of my knives are hafted with a two part epoxy,i add some antler dust to the epoxy so the epoxy blends well with the antler.
        sometimes i do make more primitive knives.those will be hafted with pine pitch that i make,and then wrapped with real sinew.

i dont seem to make as many primitive knives as i do the others.they dont sell as well.
        for some reason or other most folks dont like the looks of pine pitch and sinew.

That contrast between materials really brings out the beauty of that piece...great piece of work Sneaky...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Working...
    X