KY Hornstone Knife / Humerus Handle / Rawhide Wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KY Hornstone Knife / Humerus Handle / Rawhide Wrap

I have three more of these Whitetail Humerus bones and I will be using all. This is a Hornstone Blade that I knapped some time ago.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Knife 24a.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	334517 Click image for larger version

Name:	Knife 24b.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	334516
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Mad cool Ron.. the color of that handle is sweet...how'd u do that? Looks like ox blood
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Red, That's a Mahogany Leather Stain.

Nice job Ron, wrap really nice.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

That knife looks wicked sharp and awesome! I love the way it curves with the bone and the blade together. Very smooth. Very nice color to it too. Have you ever considered selling some of your work?
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Ron Kelley
        Ron Kelley commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Ethan, I will never sell my ancient artwork. I have hafed only 24 of my blades and I have given most of those to friends. I was showing the Edwards Knife with a Humerus handle to a good friend just after I finished it. My friend really liked it so I had to let it go. I like to enjoy them for a short while before I give them away.

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember seeing two knapped knives at Meadowcroft for almost $200. I thought "Ron could do way better than that." I have seen a few on ebay that can go for up to $500. (once) I think as I start to get better I might sell a few here or there to get money for the knapping stone and tools.

Hey Ron, that's one of the coolest looking primitive knives I've seen here! Killer combo of bone handle, wrap and blade! The dark handle makes that Hornstone really pop too. Nice work!
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Now that’s a great idea Ron .. love it .
        I really like the red . Well of course the blade .

Comment

I just love the look of that knife, now if you were to make a buckskin or leather sheath for it, it would make a great looking hunting/skinning knife to wear on a belt.

Comment

• Ron Kelley
            Ron Kelley commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Rock, I will make a sheath from stiff cowhide. I will braid a neck loop from tanned Bison hide. That's how the ancient people carried their knives.

• rock ON.
            rock ON. commented
            Editing a comment
            That's very interesting to know. I really wasn't sure how they carried them.
        Working...
        X