Coastal Plain triangle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coastal Plain triangle

Made a Snyder's looking point out of flint ridge and a triangle out of our local cp. Was able to get Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6224.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	335794 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6225.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	335795 triangle flatter than I usually do
    South East Ga. Twin City

nice work on both pieces
    im digging that strawberry seed CP

Comment

What material is the triangle made from ?
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• willjo
        willjo commented
        Editing a comment
        It is our local Ga. coastal plain chert, Allendale formation Brier Creek variant.

I like that with the little dots.
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Hey Johnny, Nice work on both. Always fun to work beautiful material like that.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Nice work. Those would definitely get the job done. That costal plain looks alot like some of the Burlington that I find around here.
          Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• willjo
            willjo commented
            Editing a comment
            The coastal plains in my area has a multitude of colors from reds and greens to pure white, also it goes from some of the best material you can knap to the worst material

• Broken Arrow
            Broken Arrow commented
            Editing a comment
            How far north and west does the formations with coastal plain chert stretch

I tried posting last night, but someone stole some copper wire in town that knocked out 911, telephone and internet.

Those are my favorite pieces that you have made! They are just so perfect!
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Tam
            Tam commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking about that copper theft and wonder if they go to that copper around Ron .

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh I'll bet that folks search for that stuff up there. Even Ron, though he doesn't take it from the central hub for internet and cell service.

Beautiful Johnny !!! My favorite are those blue cherts you find . I only find a dark navy in out county . Of course only chips . You should post a few of those points you find that are the deep blues .
          Nice work !

Comment

Awesome Johnny - That Snyder is truly a work of art. Really nice craftsmanship.
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Working...
            X