Gun flints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun flints

Anyone here knapp gun flints?? I have tried but only managed to knock holes in my fingers................Daniel

A few of us, including myself, knap. I don't even know what a gun flint looks like, so I couldn't help ya there. Maybe the others do.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I haven't seen Curtis Smith on here but he makes them by the hundreds and sell them, I have seen him on facebook and paleo planet.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Welcome to the forum Daniel, you should share a few pictures of your flintlock.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

ive been knapping for about 15 years or so,aint to bad at it either(at least in my opinion)
          ive tried a few times at making gun flints,but that is a whole different type of knapping

one must first master the art of making a proper blade core,with blades that have double ridges on them
          and be of the correct width and thickness for the size of gun flint your trying to make

not an easy task what so ever. i do have a couple of rocks set aside that will make great blade cores,that should produce great blades for gun flints.
          but i need to sit down with some one who knows what they are doing so i dont just turn these great pieces of rock into gravel

if your looking to acquire them i would get on FB and join one of the flint knapping groups and get a hold of Curtis Smith.he makes some really great quality flints out of some of the best lithic material we have on this continent

i second the request of seeing your flint lock

Comment

These guys are using flaking hammers: 'it's all in the wrist'..

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndoldman View Post
              Welcome to the forum Daniel, you should share a few pictures of your flintlock.
              Thanks Bruce. I have tried to post a few pics but I see they are too big and with my limited skills on the computer, I am at a loss as to how to make them fit.

Comment

These may help..

14 Free Photo Resizers

This looks like an easier one..
                Simple Image Resizer
                Simple Image Resizer is free, online and powerful image resizer. Resize your images, photos, scanned documents without losing quality and in a easy way!

Here's a free program that's very handy . It copys, moves, files to other folders by right clicking. I've misplaced a lot of files trying to use the 'drag & drop' method Use it to copy a pic/file to a folder that you've set up ('Pics To Resize' for instance), and keep the original sized pic.

FileMenu Tools 7.5
                FileMenu Tools is a free application which lets you customize the context menu of Windows Explorer.

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Working...
                X