Couple more quartz pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple more quartz pieces

Not my best work but they would get the job done. Click image for larger version

Name:	0209191644.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	349243 Click image for larger version

Name:	0209191643.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	349244
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Hey Andrew, Way to go man: That's some beautiful rock. Do you find chert?
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Ron! It is agreeable for quartz/quartzite. I like the darker one the most. I do find chert, and alot of it. We are spoiled for lithics in my immediate area. I don't find alot of large pieces though. The big pieces I do find, I have a hard time convincing myself to work bc they usually have work on them already and I can't bring myself to do it.

• willjo
      willjo commented
      Editing a comment
      A lot of the chert that was worked and discarded was done so because it was not a good piece and almost impossible to work but if you work quartz you should be able to work even bad chert. Really nice quartz points.

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Johnny! Yeah, I can tell that alot of the larger pieces I find have flaws, or they are spent cores. I think this quartz is forgiving, in that the toughness compensates for my sub-par tool and less than ideal technique

Hey Andrew nice points man ...I think you got a knack for knapping....I know quartz and quartzite are not easy to work as per my discussion with Ron
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s what I recall too, how tough quartz was to work..Wonder if heat treatment would help ?

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Red! Yeah, not real easy to work with.

You did well
    South Dakota

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Gary!
Working...
X