An axe, and of things to come.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An axe, and of things to come.

I'm home! I have been extremely busy this past week. I was prevented from doing anything for a day or two because of the polar vortex, but when that cleared up, we had beautiful weather up there! Stories will be told in other topics. I found about 50-60 lbs. of rock to make axes, hammerstones, celts etc. up there. I carried a backpack, and while I roamed the hills and rail lines, I would put rocks in the pack. Now I can officially say I walked for miles, uphill both ways, with rocks in my pack, lol! This axe is 100% primitively made. I even polished it a little. I pecked it into shape, ground it to an edge, pecked the groove, and polished the blade. It took me about three hours. I made two, but I traded the other one for furs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0767.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	328.6 KB
ID:	349487 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0869.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	349488
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0851.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	349489

The other axe I made is in the vendors case, soon after being traded for furs. Also seen is that Archaic stemmed point I made a week ago. I have no idea what skulls those are.

Y'all can expect more axes, celts etc. from me in the future!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

That came out nice KP
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Good to see you back in action KP. Hope you enjoyed the show (and I'm sure you did).

Comment

Hey Ethan, Nice work on the Axe. I would like to see your furs and I believe you made a good trade. I made three Buckskins this year and it took me a lot longer than the hair-on pelts that I tanned. I still need to smoke the Buckskins.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          Pics of the show will probably be put up in two parts. Part one showing the layout of the place, and part two showing what I have bought. I will start tomorrow.

Great job bud!
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

good job Ethan
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Nice work there, Ethan. I wouldn't have been able to resist buying those skulls.
            Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Working...
            X