Blue Biggs Jasper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Biggs Jasper

Work a small piece of opalized blue biggs jasper that was collected in the 70s my uncle made landscape themed table tops out the this material back then. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5118.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	379788
    Wyoming

Nice point neat material. amazing the different colors of stone
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• beatup1354
      beatup1354 commented
      Editing a comment
      Johnny some of the jaspers in oregon are like the that coastal plains material you find all kinds of color and patterns

Nice job
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hey Bret, That material is almost as great as your flaking. Beautiful
      Last edited by Ron Kelley; 07-27-2019, 11:37 PM.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Beauty...Nice work
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Great material and the flaking pattern is phenomenal! You have an amazing talent sir. Very artistic with top notch craftsmanship for sure!
          SE ARKANSAS

Comment

That's a beautiful pattern on that stone, excellent work!

I notice that you are using the FOG method. I've been wanting to try that. Can it be done without a power grinder? I know it would take longer, but I can't afford one at this stage in life.
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I am sure you could grind a piece down using sanding blocks of some kind or with if you know of or can get one an old foot power grinding wheel like they used to put an edge on axes and knives, I don't use a grinder to get mine down i have a couple of old tile saws that i put old cutting blades on and cut my preforms down it took me awhile to get the hang of it and it got easier once you know you won't cut your fingers off with and an old diamond blade you might get a burn from one but nothing serious .
              Last edited by beatup1354; 07-18-2019, 04:10 PM.
              Wyoming

Comment

Working...
              X