Deschutes Jasper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deschutes Jasper

Well since i am on a run with blue material i found a small piece of Deschutes jasper with some blue in it Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5129.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	379944
    Wyoming

That is just some stunning work! Forgive my asking, but how many years did it take you to master this art?
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

kentucky point,short answer a long time. i started when i was a kid and did it off and on for years then i got the carpel tunnel in my right hand in the early 2000s and i did not start knapping again till around 2015 when i found i could do just pressure flaking and my wrist and hand won't go numb, even now i can only swing a billet or hammer stone for a very few minutes before my hand will numb up and if i go longer it will feel like it is on fire,that is why i started fog knapping much easier for me to do,it is a pain getting old.
      As for mastering i don't know about that i am always learning something ,compared to the guys i look up to i am a fair to midlen kapper.
      Last edited by beatup1354; 07-18-2019, 09:28 PM.
      Wyoming

Comment

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        When I saw this photo I was just going to ask if you are doing Fog . Flake Over Grind produces some very fine points. You have great talent.

Hey Bret, That's another awesome creation. Man that material is something I could stare at for a long time.
      Last edited by Ron Kelley; 07-27-2019, 11:36 PM.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• beatup1354
        beatup1354 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know i get hypnotized working it cause it is tough to see your flake scars and tell how your doing.

Awesome piece Bert. I am having pareidolia from staring at it lol...seriously though that is a really nice one...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Wow, that is an amazing piece of material! I trust the work is also amazing, but I can’t see the flaking because I get lost looking into that material.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• beatup1354
          beatup1354 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea clovisold that piece is very fine grained and it is tough to see the flake scars

Fantastic material and work. Would love to see a photo looking down the blade at an angle.
        SE IA

Comment

oldrocks camera had a heck of a time focusing in on it Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5216.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	380816
          Wyoming

Comment

• oldrocks2
            oldrocks2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Some really super lithic. Thought the flaking would show photoed this way but no help. Bet the flaking was hard not seeing the flake you just made. Super nice in any case.

• beatup1354
            beatup1354 commented
            Editing a comment
            yea the material is dull not shiny and the pattern of the rock make it real hard to see in photos

Cool stuff. Looks like a stained glass church window
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
          X