Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of my work.

A few from a while back.

Some nice work. The little triangle has s super narrow and deep knotch.
    SE IA

Comment

Hey Danny, Those are some good looking blades.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I like em all especially the piece at bottom...
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Good looking pieces Danny
          Wyoming

Comment

Awesome pieces! I love that clear dance blade.
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Dannygroves74
              Dannygroves74 commented
              Editing a comment
              That was a big piece of window glass and how I didn't break it I will never know. I truly think that beginners should use plain old glass to learn pressure flaking as it is cheap BUT it's hard to see the scars.

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              I learned pressure flaking with glass. I also learned the Hospital visits for stitches are expensive, lol!

I will take better pictures of some of my work. I tried to load pics in last night but it would not let me. I like to work just about any rock I can but I have my favorites. I love a good Georgetown, Pedernales, Hornstone, Flintriver, Fort Payne and Flintridge. I started on obsidian to learn the basics of pressure flaking but moved to Texas rock to learn reduction and bifacing. I spent almost the entire winter of '16 bifacing prolly 1000# of different rock. I honestly don't care for novaculite and keokuk. I do work slabs as well. I sent around 100# of hornstone to a fellow knapper in Texas in 18 and had a huge amount of preforms shaped as dovetail, Clovis and turkey tail made. The downside is in the last year I have only made roughly 20-30 pieces due to the lack of time. I plan on getting fired back up this year though.

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you sell those bifaces?

• sneakygroundbuzzard
              sneakygroundbuzzard commented
              Editing a comment
              nice work,i like that turkey tail.also like how you dednt get long flutes on the clovis.to many modern knappers try for long flutes and that (for the most part) isnt really a clovis stype flute. but yours looks nice.

like you,i too dont care for novaulite or keokuk,and i work slabs as well.
              i too havent hardly made a thing in the last year,but i did manage to haft a balde i made last july.

again, nice work

• Dannygroves74
              Dannygroves74 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes I sell bifaces at times and that Clovis with the short flute,, it had an air bubble in the ceramic. I bought a few ground Clovis slabs made of ceramic a few years ago at flintridge. Upon making the nipple it had a very small air bubble just under the nipple. I think that is what stalled out the flute.

Very nice work man
            SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
            X