Horse creek source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse creek source

Anyone know who might sell some decent pieces of horse creek? The few pieces I have obtained of it weren't really enough to make points out of and I'd love to get my hands on a few pounds or 20 of some good sized solid pieces.

I do have an actual Horse Creek near me Danny but I doubt there is any of that chert there. That lithic is about my favorite of all...just beautiful upon completion. We have some absolute expert knappers on this site that I'm sure can hook you up with what you seek...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I know a guy who sells some, but he'll charge you an arm and a leg to get it. His forum name is Capgun, and he is on Paleoplanet. He just got a new load of it in.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I bought mine on eBay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Point 378a.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	404342 Click image for larger version

Name:	Point 388a.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	404344
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Point 389b.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	404343
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

If I’m not mistaken, the horse creek that is the stone’s namesake is just outside Savannah, Tennessee?
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Dannygroves74
            Dannygroves74 commented
            Editing a comment
            Something like that. I know the formation spreads into Mississippi. I have a coworker that is a collector as well and he has a few horse creek points from north central ms.

• Jethro355
            Jethro355 commented
            Editing a comment
            That makes perfect sense. I know from where Horse Creek runs through Hardin County and then into the Tennessee River, it’s only a few miles to the state line.
        Working...
        X