Flint Ridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flint Ridge

Was a nice afternoon, 77 Deg. at 5:00 and mosquitos are out. Made a few today. Big point Flint ridge and white point and Red point Coastal plain chert Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6760.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	408658 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6761.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	408659
    South East Ga. Twin City

Hey Johnny, All are real nice points. That corner notch Coastal Plain point is my favorite.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Nice points willjo......the flintridge is cool stuff
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Great looking set of points Johnny , I really like the one with the lines in it at 10 oclock
        Wyoming

Comment

• willjo
          willjo commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that is Rhodonite, and I think that was some of the rock Bruce (2ndoldman) gave the time he visited me. Was tough for me to knap.

Nice work Mr Johnny! It was 74 and sunny here yesterday and today it snowed for half the day and is around 34. Crazy weather
        SE ARKANSAS

Comment

• willjo
          willjo commented
          Editing a comment
          It is headed our way, tomorrow supposed to 57 deg.

• Ron Kelley
          Ron Kelley commented
          Editing a comment
          Just to give you a contrast: We have NEGATIVE 12*F this morning.

Gotta love flint ridge and the work is super but gotta go with the 10 o-clock point also, really cool lithics. Mosquitoes, frozen in flight here.
        SE IA

Comment

Great pieces ! I’m a little concerned about the mosquitoes ...
          Last edited by Lindenmeier-Man; 12-11-2019, 09:20 AM. Reason: sp
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• willjo
            willjo commented
            Editing a comment
            They just came out as I was finishing up not long enough to fire up thermos cell.

Nice work!

I'm jealous, it's barely going to get above freezing today. I hate the cold.
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Isn't Flintridge just amazing? I rarely work it but I have a hoard of it. Nice looking points!

Comment

• willjo
              willjo commented
              Editing a comment
              I have just a few pieces left but Roy is usually at Silver River and hope to pick up some more

• Dannygroves74
              Dannygroves74 commented
              Editing a comment
              Roy has pulled out some amazing color this fall! I got luck last time I went to Flintridge and was able to go through his stash he keeps for good customers. I was able to get some vibrant stuff.

Beautiful Johnny . The white one looks like an Elora we find .

Comment

Where do you guys get your rocks in general ? Do most buy or Johnny I would imagine you could go on your property .

Comment

• willjo
                willjo commented
                Editing a comment
                Like the Flint Ridge, obsidian, and some of the other colorful rocks I knap and polish I buy at knap-in's and the coastal plain chert Georgia variant I pick up on my property. I have around a half 5 gallon bucket of coastal plain chert I intend to heat treat and knap soon.

• Dannygroves74
                Dannygroves74 commented
                Editing a comment
                I buy mine at knap ins or trade. I know I have a decent source of flint near my property but I have yet to track down that Kentucky blue.
            Working...
            X