Florida Coral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Coral

Some times they do and sometimes they don't, stay together that is if you keep hitting on the end and end snap it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0617.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	415820
    South East Ga. Twin City

Oh man and..u we're almost done?
    SW Connecticut

Comment

So that's why we find so many brokes. About how long does it take you to knap a piece like that?
      keep on keepin after

Comment

• PointHound
        PointHound commented
        Editing a comment
        That's faster then I would have thought. That makes me wonder why allot of points we find are worked down to a nub in allot of cases? Seem's like the natives would have just discarded a piece that was starting to get short and just pic up another piece of material and knap themselves a new larger Knife or whatever?

• willjo
        willjo commented
        Editing a comment
        Where you find them worked down to a nub, it is usually a long way to some material.

• PointHound
        PointHound commented
        Editing a comment
        That makes allot of sense. I never really thought about that. I was just wondering earlier if hafting might have had something to do with it also. Not sure how difficult it would have been for the ancient's to haft a piece or the prosses they had to go through to do it with resins and stuff they used.

Awful nice piece, bet you can salvage both pieces.
      SE IA

Comment

OMGosh !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Darn Johnny, And that piece has some beautiful coral pattern in it too.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Now you can make 2 points but I'm sure you wanted just one.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
            X