Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good?

I'm out and found this big flint cobblestone. I don't want to carry it back if its not good. Let me know I will check back later Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200117_121324.jpeg
Views:	314
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	417456 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200117_121332.jpeg
Views:	243
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	417457
    NW Georgia,

I wear 14 boot
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Like a Christmas gift, don't know what's in it till you open it. Good luck.
      SE IA

Comment

What i can see is not knappable but take a good sized spall off and see what's inside. It looks like too many separations in the rock.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Thanks it's very heavy. Looks like the disc hit it. Lots of freeze crack here to.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Yeah, it'd be quite difficult to work with.
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I will look for more. I think there are some out there I wouldn't even be able to pick up. They are either huge or tiny so far.
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Give it a good old whack and see what it looks like on the inside!
                Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                  SurfaceHunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Next trip I didn't expect to find it. Cortex on the other side. Its about 5 inches thick and 14 inch long. I need to take a small hammer

I don't blame you. That is a big piece to be hauling around with. Looks interesting, I wonder what the inside is gonna look like.
                keep on keepin after

Comment

Originally posted by PointHound View Post
                  I don't blame you. That is a big piece to be hauling around with. Looks interesting, I wonder what the inside is gonna look like.
                  Hopefully solid cause I owe beatup some flint for the trade we made
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

Hit it !!

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                      SurfaceHunter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wont be soon going to be in the teens tonight. I'm hoping some of the frost will kill some field grass.

I love that !! That one Indian mound I go to you can’t hardly walk anymore from all the blackberries and growth next to the pines . But a good freeze comes in and it’s turns black and it’s a go

Comment

Working...
                    X