Sloth slayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sloth slayers

Thought i would try something different ,the small red one was my first attempt it is kind of close to the real thing but the big one is my artsy version of a coryell point . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7054.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	426152 Both are made of indian paint jasper . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7071.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	426153 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7065.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	426154 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7067.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	426155
    Wyoming

Nice red material
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice work on those points Bret, I haven't seen anything on those points since Arrowheadology.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• beatup1354
        beatup1354 commented
        Editing a comment
        me too johnny, i recently saw a post on paleoplanet about them so i had to try to make one .

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        I’d like to learn more on the sloth slayers ?

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        Never mind. A non topic .

Steve (Gar Scale) shared a bunch of pictures here: https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...5-sloth-slayer
      Hey Bret, That's a couple of beautiful reproductions.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Ron. I read and reread the old post. To me, it’s like the iron axe head found together with the Clovis preform in the sink hole at the Gault site.

• TJdave
        TJdave commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for adding that link, some VERY interesting stuff there

Really nice work, those SS points were pretty amazing! Beautiful rendition!
      I wish we had a definitive answer on those although it seemed likely they were very old.
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

That red one is an absolutely eye catcher. You captured the almost angry nature of the serrations on the base.

The Slothslayer/Cor points are interesting. Surprisingly like the Cooper's Ferry pre-Clovis point from Idaho, but supersized (and built more a lineman than a distance runner.)

Unfortunately, the lines between collectors and professional archaeologists can be hard to cross. Steve was/is excavating with a bobcat style front loader and a mechanical sifter, and Pre-Clovis archaeology usually needs a more academic approach. Steve did share a lot of material with the team from Gault, but I think they were mostly interested in his normal paleo assemblage.

This link isn't very informational, but it has a good picture of the Idaho points, FWIW.

Fieldwork affiliated with Oregon State University, Department of Anthropology; directed by Dr. Loren G. Davis, PhD
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Outstanding work! That is some premium color.
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Man that red one looks deadly

Comment

Awesome work!
              Kansas

Comment

Nice blades
                SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
                X