Views:	207
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	488369 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8925.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	488370
    Wyoming

Hey Bret, That's a beautiful blade. I think it's golden. Bronze is third place and this blade is certainly first place.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Do you go on outings or trips, Working vacations to get your lithics or how do you acquire it all?
      N.E Colorado, Nebraska panhandle

Comment

• beatup1354
        beatup1354 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fat when i lived in washington state i used to go to all the obsidian pits in oregon and california when i was younger now when i am in arizona in the winter i just go to the rock shows in tucson and quartzsite. But if you wanted to go to davis creek or lassen creek you could not get in there as they closed all digging for obsidian in the modoc national forest for the 2020 season and they may not open it up next year also because of outlaw miners digging where they arn't supposed to

• Fat
        Fat commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you seen the Nephorite?sp?? Jade? From Oregon? Ive seen and found a few, adzes that the people of the NWest “chopped“ boats and poles with.
        There ground and polished.
        Maybe not knappable?

• beatup1354
        beatup1354 commented
        Editing a comment
        I never found an adz but my brother has a couple nice phallic pestles made from it

Nice blade!
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Beautiful..it would be a cryin shame to cover that workmanship with a handle..
        Floridaboy.

Comment

• beatup1354
          beatup1354 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal i am to lazy to make handles

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Brett, Lol....p.s. I love the way the design on the blade mimics the blade itself,

amazing work Brett, as usual. Like a blade within a blade.
        🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

I’m not sure if it’s one thing or another on this piece Bret. I’ve come back to look at the pics several times.. For some reason, it gives me a sense of calm... I’m not sure if it’s the color, workmanship, or both...
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Fat
            Fat commented
            Editing a comment
            I have looked at it several times also.
            the overall shape of the blade reminds more of a “buck hunting/debone blade knife” the way the point is shaped and that belly.
            The shade look as if its “damascus steel”
            I like all the blades shown here Love them more like, but, they are so perfect, they are past perfect. You all have taken the artistry of symmetry above and beyond. Dont stop.

This blade has that industrial shape and look, made for work, but the fact it is glass hand made.
            Last edited by Fat; 09-20-2020, 12:13 PM. Reason: Sppelling

Crazy cool lithics..
          SE IA

Comment

Working...
          X