Totally Speechless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally Speechless

Got a package pickup slip in mailbox. Picked it up this morning. Opened the box and was totally stunned. Thank you very much Narrow Way Napper. Now I will leave it for you to fill everybody in on the details of this awesome work.

nice gift
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Well, where do I begin. Fla.Hillbilly won a chunk of sugar quartz from UpNorth (AKA Sugar Daddy😜) and had it sent to me. So that's where the point came from. The shaft is Baldcypress (an appropriate material for Florida). The wild turkey feather came from UpNorth as well. I used deer leg sinew from a local hunter friend for the hafting and fletching and covered it with pine pitch tar that I mixed with ground up charcoal. The red thread is modern, but I couldn't help it as I thought it gave a good color pop. Now, don't go shooting any cowboys Dave. 😉
      South Carolina

Comment

• Fla.Hillbilly
        Fla.Hillbilly commented
        Editing a comment
        Im cogitating on material and bow style im gonna work on. Have some 1/2"x8" cedar i could laminate. Would probably be strong enough for the body, But not sure about the limbs

• Narrow Way Knapper
        Narrow Way Knapper commented
        Editing a comment
        I think cedar would be too weak for the limbs as you surmised. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

• Fla.Hillbilly
        Fla.Hillbilly commented
        Editing a comment
        did some reading and cedar is one of the top woods to make bows from.

Hey Dave, That's a real nice arrow.
      Hey Caleb, Good Work
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

That’s an awesome arrow! Really well done and the display is perfect.
        👍👍👍
        Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Working...
        X