Grey Ghosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey Ghosts

I think this is the best forum to post this. I was visiting a fellow who wants to sell the Museum some very old Documents. Of coarse we talked about Artifacts. He than showed me these Artifacts he wants to sell. I immediately recognized two Grey Ghosts. He thought they were real and had bought them as that. I know we don't talk value on real Artifacts but this is different these are fakes. Does anyone recognize these or know anything about them or their maker? I may buy them at a right price, but have no idea what they might be worth. Any and all help is appreciated. If we cant say price please PM me. Thanks in advance. Kim

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221121_160108.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	663908Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221121_160125.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	663909Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221121_160133.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	663910Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221121_160149.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	663911
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Message sent
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

REINHARDT'S GRAY GHOSTS
      ""A MODERN LEGEND""

BRYAN RIENHARDT gray Edward's Plateau chert Grey Ghosts (Lithic Casting Lab Photo) The Gray Ghosts of Gustine (Harwood) . It was a w...
      If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Olden that tells the story. I knew they were grey ghosts at once. Now I know the who and when. I offered him $50.00 for the pair. He paid $80.00. I told him it is his loss "Buyer beware". I'll show him what you found I think it will be a good buy because these are still very collectable, and they came from the hands of Bryan! Thanks again.

They sure look like the infamous Grey Ghosts. I think I remember speculation that Bryan used a chest crutch pressure flaker. I would value them at a fraction of the cost of an authentic point.
      South Carolina

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks my friend, I did get some sites and looked Reinhardt up. Then I looked on line for them for sale. Very interesting story.

These have become collector pieces by some as he was a guifted knapper. I read an artical that said he had a pile of flakes in his back yard 15 foot tall. and sold them at 20 dollars a dozen at one time.
      SE IA

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I read that he had several piles of waist flakes and you could even see them from an airplane.
    Working...
    X