No announcement yet.

trade for chert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya actually! ive been bustin up some old chunks of "johnstone" i found in a old dump out in the woods.fun stuff.and any chunks of argillite big enough that i find.
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Next time I get a chance, I'll grab some off the roof and show some pics. I've worked it and it's plenty big enough. I just suck and make a big pile of flakes out of it. lol. I frequently find fist sized chert up there.  Yea, someone link the story if they find it!

Comment

Rhode Island is a bit far from my backyard where there are piles and piles of knappable rocks I've brought home from hunts.
        Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

If you could maybe send me a picture or some kind of description of a walking stick your willing to trade I will gladly make sure to it you get all the chert you need. I live in New Johnsonville Tennessee and there is old quarries everywhere here. It is a blessing in my opinion to live here in Humphreys county and have such passion for native American culture. I live just a few miles from the largest native American archaeological find In the u.s., the link site. Plus big bottoms or duck river unit which ever you prefer is where I actually live. Chert is no problem. Good walking stick with good craftsmanship sounds like a good trade.
          Tennessee

Comment

Working...
          X