X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Kelley
    replied
    I Could use some quartz or quartzite hammerstones.  :laugh: And I have a few things You might be able to use Jay. Should I send you an email with pictures or wait for the category to be listed with rules?

Leave a comment:

• sneakygroundbuzzard
    replied
    what kind of cane you got?
    i could use some nice river cane
      boy i can tell already this is gonna be a great addition to the site

Leave a comment:

• OnewiththewilD
    replied
    ive been wanting some red ocher myself.... :whistle:

Leave a comment:

• OnewiththewilD
    replied
    thats exactly along the lines of what i was thinking!.... and whats that?...all the dover i can knap eh?.....i gotta have some moose antler around here somewheres.... :laugh: 

Leave a comment:

• OBION
    replied
    I love the idea!  I think what Jay wants is I would openly post that I have access to all the Dover you can knap or all the river cane you can straighten but I would love to have a moose billet.  Someone could then come along and a barter could be struck.  Sounds fun to me.

Leave a comment:

• hvs
    replied
    This is a great idea good thinking hope u guys can implement something like this..

Leave a comment:

• OnewiththewilD
    replied
    i wasnt even thinking about trading actual artifacts thru this! hadnt even thought about that! i was thinking more along the lines of stuff we make or stuff we need material wise from others. and yeah NO CASH !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Al wrote: I hope I am not stepping out of line here I think this is a great idea,  but I have one concern.  It is really for newbies like me who really don't know nothing,  and that is people who know what they have trading to people that don't and being taken advantage of.. is this going to be done publicly on the thread where everyone can see what's going on,  or behind the scenes?  The reason I say this because this has happened to me. .
    I am guessing here. I think  you mean trading artifacts? If artifacts are traded then AACA rules are too apply.  Modern pieces listed as art or even as functional would be fine.   I think before we do this we will have to lay out some ground rules just so no one gets taken advantage of.
    Further more no trades that would be like two arrowheads and seventy five dollars for a horse. It would have to be barter trades item for item no cash. Like a bag of carrots and some flint for a crate of thimbles.

Leave a comment:

• OnewiththewilD
    replied
    i was thinking post openly. but since this isnt a money thing it shouldnt matter what the dollar value on something is as long as you feel its an even trade 

Leave a comment:

• Al
    replied
    I hope I am not stepping out of line here I think this is a great idea,  but I have one concern.  It is really for newbies like me who really don't know nothing,  and that is people who know what they have trading to people that don't and being taken advantage of.. is this going to be done publicly on the thread where everyone can see what's going on,  or behind the scenes?  The reason I say this because this has happened to me. .

Leave a comment:

• Kyflintguy
    replied
    :woohoo: Best news I've heard all day! Good idea Jay!

Leave a comment:

• OnewiththewilD
    replied
    B)  right on then! looks like we got us a Trade Blanket folks!    lets all keep this honest and fair (as i know we all will ) and try and deliver trades within a timely manner (im terrible at that sometimes myself  :whistle:  :blush: )  and if anybody burns anybody on a trade expect to have your named and reputation smeared on the internet! :evil:    we have a great membership but as always only deal with those you feel you can trust, if joe shmoe just joins up and wants to send me something im probably not gonna give the dude my info, :lol: . this can be alot of fun everyone! right on then ! game on! B)

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    It is a great idea.

Leave a comment:

• hudson
    replied
    Jay I think you have a great idea.

Leave a comment:

• OnewiththewilD
    replied
    :laugh:  use lots's shaving cream if you do!  :laugh:  we dont have to do periodical trades, we could, but i was thinking along the lines like if you need something particular you could have a place to throw it out there ,with what you have to offer, and see if anyone is willing to respond. or maybe if you make something and would like to trade it off you could post it up and see what others may offer you for it, once again no money though! even if we respond to each other thru PM's.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X