This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Blanket?

how about a thread called the trade blanket were members can trade things with each other that they wouldnt otherwise have access to? like knappable stone or wild materials? no buying/selling things and no actual money involved, just friendly trades based off of the good old honor system? like if someone wants, say some Dogbane stalks for cordage but it doesnt grow around them, they can post up asking if anybody has access to it, then whoever can respond and state what they might like/need in return? ive done a little bit of trading with other members here on the site and have found it to be alot of fun, and with how good this PITH just went i figured this could be a good idea, what do you's guys/girls think?
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

EVEN Trades. / No cash, then should be good.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

totally agree, if it was about money then whats the point of a TRADE blanket, you can order just about anything you want thru the internet anyways but it would be alot cooler to trade with one another, and more fun 

Comment

i like trade blankets
        primitive sites that i belong to have them,and they work quit well
        i feel the barter system is a lot better than the economic system

Comment

Sounds good to me.  I hope I can find things that someone can use because I already know what I would like to acquire.
          \"Of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most.\"

Comment

B) right on, glad to see that you's like the idea ! lets see what the powers that be say though.

Comment

Good idea!
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Jay you have me thinking about what I can trade. We have done a little trading with members already. The "Trade-Blanket" sounds like a good idea.
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I will swap this as soon as I am done with it. It's a rare Holley two blade jack knife  Lakeville cutlery Lakeville CT.early 20th century. Look at those wood scales. Just think I can maybe get three or four more good shaves out of this bad boy.

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

:laugh:  use lots's shaving cream if you do!  :laugh:  we dont have to do periodical trades, we could, but i was thinking along the lines like if you need something particular you could have a place to throw it out there ,with what you have to offer, and see if anyone is willing to respond. or maybe if you make something and would like to trade it off you could post it up and see what others may offer you for it, once again no money though! even if we respond to each other thru PM's.

Comment

Jay I think you have a great idea.
                      east Tx.

Comment

It is a great idea.
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

B)  right on then! looks like we got us a Trade Blanket folks!    lets all keep this honest and fair (as i know we all will ) and try and deliver trades within a timely manner (im terrible at that sometimes myself  :whistle:  :blush: )  and if anybody burns anybody on a trade expect to have your named and reputation smeared on the internet! :evil:    we have a great membership but as always only deal with those you feel you can trust, if joe shmoe just joins up and wants to send me something im probably not gonna give the dude my info, :lol: . this can be alot of fun everyone! right on then ! game on! B)

Comment

:woohoo: Best news I've heard all day! Good idea Jay!
                            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I hope I am not stepping out of line here I think this is a great idea,  but I have one concern.  It is really for newbies like me who really don't know nothing,  and that is people who know what they have trading to people that don't and being taken advantage of.. is this going to be done publicly on the thread where everyone can see what's going on,  or behind the scenes?  The reason I say this because this has happened to me. .
                              To have integrity is to have everything , hard earned and easily lost . Few reach but all try ..

Comment

Working...
                              X