Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was thinking post openly. but since this isnt a money thing it shouldnt matter what the dollar value on something is as long as you feel its an even trade 
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Al wrote: I hope I am not stepping out of line here I think this is a great idea,  but I have one concern.  It is really for newbies like me who really don't know nothing,  and that is people who know what they have trading to people that don't and being taken advantage of.. is this going to be done publicly on the thread where everyone can see what's going on,  or behind the scenes?  The reason I say this because this has happened to me. .
      I am guessing here. I think  you mean trading artifacts? If artifacts are traded then AACA rules are too apply.  Modern pieces listed as art or even as functional would be fine.   I think before we do this we will have to lay out some ground rules just so no one gets taken advantage of.
      Further more no trades that would be like two arrowheads and seventy five dollars for a horse. It would have to be barter trades item for item no cash. Like a bag of carrots and some flint for a crate of thimbles.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

i wasnt even thinking about trading actual artifacts thru this! hadnt even thought about that! i was thinking more along the lines of stuff we make or stuff we need material wise from others. and yeah NO CASH !!!!

Comment

This is a great idea good thinking hope u guys can implement something like this..
          My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

I love the idea!  I think what Jay wants is I would openly post that I have access to all the Dover you can knap or all the river cane you can straighten but I would love to have a moose billet.  Someone could then come along and a barter could be struck.  Sounds fun to me.

Comment

thats exactly along the lines of what i was thinking!.... and whats that?...all the dover i can knap eh?.....i gotta have some moose antler around here somewheres.... :laugh: 

Comment

ive been wanting some red ocher myself.... :whistle:

Comment

what kind of cane you got?
                  i could use some nice river cane
                    boy i can tell already this is gonna be a great addition to the site

Comment

I Could use some quartz or quartzite hammerstones.  :laugh: And I have a few things You might be able to use Jay. Should I send you an email with pictures or wait for the category to be listed with rules?
                    Michigan Yooper
                    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

actually  i already got you a few nice ones, i promised them to you before though so dont worry about it bud, their just a gift from me to you.

Comment

So do you want a trading post  or blanket  category?  Good  idea  but we need  trader beware  as a sticky.
                        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I have a large bundle of river cane that has been seasoning I'm my attic for the last month and a half, perfect dart size cane. What I'm trying to figure out is how to ship 6 and 7 foot cane lengths reasonably :dunno: (any ideas?) going to have a straightening party soon.
                          Never considered trading artifacts, though it could be done with guidelines and good moderation. But I could also see that becoming a endless "what about this one?or this one, or these two plus that other one?"..... If you know what I mean.... I guess the person proposing such a trade would have to state what they are/ aren't interested in. Wich could also be complicated,  but I suppose it could be done with good moderation :dunno:
                          Regardless, I'm stoked about a the prospects of materials I may never get to use otherwise!
                          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

umm,not sure exactly what you mean but i think more along the lines of a ...blanket? :dunno:  item for an item, thats all, no money, just straight up trades.

Comment

OnewiththewilD wrote: umm,not sure exactly what you mean but i think more along the lines of a ...blanket? :dunno:  item for an item, thats all, no money, just straight up trades.
                              samantics  mainly a post was a destination place  and a blanket  was in prompt. All  trade  for  both.
                              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

If this happens I will DEFINITELY have stuff to trade! :woohoo: Since I can't go all over the country finding points, i could trade for some. :dunno:
                                Make it happen soon please.
                                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
                                X