Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some spalls and/or bifaces, knapping rock, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some spalls and/or bifaces, knapping rock, etc.

I need some knapping rock, preferably flint or chert, not Obsidian. I am not sure what you would want from me trade wise, but I have some Bison teeth, antler, some furs, deer hide, etc. I also have a block of pipestone too.

I know that basically I am asking the three or four people who knap on here for help, but this also applies to those who find some nice sized flint/chert chunks as you walk along.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Hey Ethan, I am glad to put together a box of chert spalls for you. This will keep you busy for some time. My full payment will be seeing some of your stone art.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure you wouldn't want something?

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Ethan, I just happy to help. PM me buddy.

Love eavesdropping in this kitchen, especially when potential new recipes/creations result from collective brainstorming best chefs working with ingredients like bison teeth, asundry animal parts, blocks and spalls cool lithics........

Thank you, both & AH, for opening finest dining establishment, inviting public, and allowing hungry curious-georges in on inner working sanctums!!
    Last edited by Cecilia; 11-03-2019, 01:04 PM.
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      lol I have never thought of it that way, but you're right!

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      See?..... that was metaphorical, and even tho in prior post you aw-shucked didn’t get them, you easily understood one! When people who think like that talk with one another, often they try goodnatured one-upmanship, and when they git a-going, that’s “repartee” that I’m always yaying about....

• Rio Del Norte
      Rio Del Norte commented
      Editing a comment
      Ask and thy shalt receive...

I’ll see what I can find this trip . Know you like that Georgia stuff . It’s usually small though .

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Your Georgia sanctuary Northern county where can hunt artifacts, big bucks, and skiing-snow......
      Last edited by Cecilia; 11-05-2019, 10:36 AM.

Just as soon as they clear the fields I will look and break them a little for you. If I send you some I would just ask for the shipping fee and nothing else
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m hoping they will finish the cotton this week Rusty (KP) then I will post some in the rock forum. It’s a old site where the ancient people use to cook their stone cobbles

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Heating stones?

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      No it’s a Woodland to Mississippian site they cooked their flint cobbles for knapping points. I actually threw many of them in the weeds before I knew what they were. That’s one of the rules I have to follow in those fields remove all the bigger rocks cause they can damage the tiller.

I could get you what you want, all I’d need in return is indentured servitude or your first born !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you’ve got “IT”! Make the best out of the situation with humor !

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      How's else am I supposed to live? Ha ha!

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely love y’all !🥰. Prior grumpy member once invited me to “just go play with rocks”; I told him did all the time, but that you guys so much more entertaining!! (Combine that quality with generous offerings of knowledge .....boy o boy, if a marriage contract with an entity were legal, I’be on bended knee!)
      Last edited by Cecilia; 11-05-2019, 10:28 AM.
Working...
X