TREASURE CHEST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TREASURE CHEST

Wow Jay, I am forever thankful for your many gifts. Every time we have coffee milk (RI state drink) we will thank Jay. The Buckskin Pouch is very special and I will keep it for a special time and use. That letter opener is wicked cool: I have to ask, is it bone? I love the gorget and pendent (Also Jay made). I find fossils and bring them home but I have never found any like the ones Jay sent. The pipe parts are really neat with all the writing on them. I found a small piece of stem once, but nothing as nice as what you sent. I am going to do some research on the Balsam bottle. I just think that writing on three sides of the bottle is awesome, and I love the many bubbles in the green glass. I have been seeing the clay marbles on line but didn't have any of my own (I do now). I am eager to try my hand at making some beads from the pile of beautiful Quahog shell Jay sent me. The four water-polished pieces of Quahog shell are really nice and will make nice pendant or dangle for a bead strand. I now have a nice variety of RI lithic including three points. All you pirates can stop looking for the treasure chest: A big truck just delivered it to my home. THANK YOU JAY

Click image for larger version

Name:	ClayMarbles [replaced].jpg
Views:	60
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	221258

Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

A few more of the 45 gifts.

Michigan Yooper

Comment

:laugh: i stay pretty busy! i make things spur of the moment when the idea hits me.im very glad you enjoy everything!and thank you very much as well! good trade!
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Wow Ron that is a treasure chest. You got some really cool things there. I'm not sure who Jay is but I have a idea. I don't want to say who in fear of offended someone. Jay you sent Ron some really nice stuff.
        I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

the letter opener is deer bone with pine resin(mixed with deer poop and charcoal dust) over simulated sinew .the small shell is an atlantic whelk,and the see-thru ones are called "common jingle shell".

Comment

Whatever you do Ron, don't put that letter opener in your mouth!
            Very cool and and an interesting group of items Jay. Nice that your willing to part with and share.
            Good Karma dude.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Jay you certainly have a knack for crafts.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hey Jay, Good Trade and that's a quote from "Dances with Wolves".
                Remember the scene? Actually there were two scenes and Dunbar did
                quite well on both.
                Michigan Yooper

Comment

:laugh:  thats the quote i was goin for! 

Comment

Hey Jay did you know that Dr. Seth Arnold was from your home state of Rhode Island?
                    Seth Arnold's Balsam was sold by Dr. Seth Arnold Medical Co. to Gilman Bros. in 1868.
                    Here is the short but interesting story of Dr. Seth Arnold:

Michigan Yooper

Comment

its the hat! lol! thats wicked cool! i have about a hundred old bottles from the 1800s on up. back in the day before garbage removal and town dumps, most people just dumped things in a backcorner of their property or in the river. theres a long overgrown hillside by me that emptys onto a large gravel bar on the river, all kinds of stuff from all time periods erode out onto and along it. i havent found a point there yet but i have found what i think is a scraper or broken chipped axe blade.theres alot of glass,pottery,glazeware and china.almost always broken,but everyonce in a while you find something really cool! i actually met the couple who run the little rhody bottle club down there one summer,they told about how all the stuff got there and where the old dumps where.nice people too!

Comment

Working...
                      X