X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth-Like Worlds

This is pretty exciting news. Yet...still no return calls :huh:

Rhode Island

1 in 5? So lets say maybe 1 in 100 of those could be habitable. The numbers are still incredible. Now if you could just get on that starship and travel at warp speed, can you imagine?
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I call it common sense.  I don't know how this is just now coming to light.

Comment

CoachG wrote:

I call it common sense.  I don't know how this is just now coming to light.
          What's coming to light is not the existence of extra- solar planets. And the notion of life elsewhere, given the sheer size, will strike many as sheer common sense. No, what is new, is that the actual search for extra solar planets has found quite a few by now, but very few of them have been seen as candidates for "life hospitable". Too big, too gaseous, too far from their sun, etc. what's exciting about this coach, is that we can now be fairly certain there will be very many earth-like planets out there. Although odds alone said that would be the case, the fact is we were not finding many like that at all, good odds notwithstanding..  We did not realize this might be the case. As an example, how many earth-like planets in our own system? Not the majority.  But now we know there are surely many earth-like planets. Hey, I take UFO studies quite seriously, I don't need any convincing :rolf:
        Rhode Island

Comment

If there's a billion galaxies, and we are only in one of those, I can't understand why people have a hard time admitting (or won't admit) there's a possibility of life on other planets.  Anyway, i won't get started on my beliefs.  I'm low on time on energy.

Comment

It's only 12 light years away.....We should just hop on a bus and go check it out!!! :rolf:

Comment

One of the lessons of history is that it might not be such a great idea for us to be shouting: "hey, we're over here!"      :whistle:
              I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Working...
              X